5/11 GT Sox (13-19) @ Min (21-11) - 7:10 WCIU/Mediacom in IA

knightni

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold weather. Sweet! Our guys love cold weather...I would be for a rain-out tonight honestly. Not a super match-up for us tonight, and maybe it's God giving Beckham the few days off that Ozzie didn't have the balls to give him :)

Although it is supposed to stop raining late afternoon, you have to wonder how hard it's been coming down. Their game vs. Baltimore on Saturday was cancelled at like 1pm in the afternoon, like five hours prior to first pitch...it might have been even earlier than that.

Edited by jeffro2525

Just talked to a friend in Minneapolis who has tickets to the games... he isn't optimistic that they'll get played.

Could be a break for us, given the way we're playing. Let's make them up later in the season... hopefully when we're playing better.

Rain is moving out in Minneapolis. Looking forward to seeing the new park with the White Sox in it.

Not sure why Garcia is starting in this series considering Danks and Buehrle could be starting on normal rest, and they have another off day on Thursday.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
Rain is moving out in Minneapolis. Looking forward to seeing the new park with the White Sox in it.

Not sure why Garcia is starting in this series considering Danks and Buehrle could be starting on normal rest, and they have another off day on Thursday.

Because Garcia seems to be pitching well and has had success against the Twins. Better to give Danks and MB the extra day of rest. Makes sense to me.

I thought the Sox would want to load up on lefties against the Twins. I thought that made more sense. Now Floyd and Peavy will be starting a week between starts. In my opinion, you keep your top 4 on schedule, and push your 5th starter back.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
I thought the Sox would want to load up on lefties against the Twins. I thought that made more sense. Now Floyd and Peavy will be starting a week between starts. In my opinion, you keep your top 4 on schedule, and push your 5th starter back.

As we pointed out yesterday, D1 has actually had very limited success against the Twins, esp. against Mauer and Morneau. ERA over 5 against them career, similar numbers in 2009.