Kenny Williams for GM of the Year

sin city sox fan

When nobody thought this team could turn it around, Kenny had the patience not to dismantle the organization. Now that the Sox are playing better baseball than any other team in the majors, he truly deserves to be lauded. When the champagne flows in October, I hope that Kenny is justly credited for not making moves which would have destroyed this season.

Sox on a roll....nothing could be better!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
When the champagne flows in October, I hope that Kenny is justly credited for not making moves which would have destroyed this season.

ahhh and when it doesnt what happens then? don't get me wrong im happy we are putting a few wins together but we are a long ways away from October my friend......not even at the .500 mark yet

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
ahhh and when it doesnt what happens then? don't get me wrong im happy we are putting a few wins together but we are a long ways away from October my friend......not even at the .500 mark yet

Cowley writes about it and you enjoy reading it.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 01:10 AM)
When nobody thought this team could turn it around, Kenny had the patience not to dismantle the organization. Now that the Sox are playing better baseball than any other team in the majors, he truly deserves to be lauded. When the champagne flows in October, I hope that Kenny is justly credited for not making moves which would have destroyed this season.

Sox on a roll....nothing could be better!!!!!

Are you serious?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
Absolutely not. Would you rather that Kenny had gutted the team three weeks ago in which case we'd be about 12 games below .500 now?

Yes.

You are getting way ahead of yourself.. seeing as we are already under .500 as it is, it is still VERY possible that we end up 12 or more games under .500 by the end of the year..

Come on man, we just swept a team that was already on an 8 game losing streak BEFORE we played them..

We need to do some reshuffling with this team, get some of these youngs guys up and try to be prepared for the future.. I don't know what you expect the offseason to look like next season, but right now if things stay true to form there really wont be much room to add anything of major importance.. especially for a team that looks completely incapable of making the playoffs against our regular AL competition..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Come on man, we just swept a team that was already on an 8 game losing streak BEFORE we played them..

That makes it even more impressive.....the Pirates were due for a win and we prevented it from happening. Why can't people be happy that we are finally a playoff contending team?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
That makes it even more impressive.....the Pirates were due for a win and we prevented it from happening. Why can't people be happy that we are finally a playoff contending team?

Because WE ARE NOT a playoff contending team just because we swept the Pirates.

We were 6 games out on May 26th.

No, its not impressive at all.. an AL team sweeping a struggling/worst team in the NL is not impressive in any way..

We are what, 7-2 vs the NL so far? Thats 24-32 against our REAL competition.. Can we get to .500 first, please, before we start throwing around playoff contenders