Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Hudson is better than ALL of the options you just listed there Caulfield.

Yeah I am not sure why people are doubting Hudson. He has been simply awesome minus his April. Plays in horrible hitters park and pitched solid for the Sox last year. What's not to like?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
Yeah I am not sure why people are doubting Hudson. He has been simply awesome minus his April. Plays in horrible hitters park and pitched solid for the Sox last year. What's not to like?

I really don't know what we are going to get from Hudson but it's time to find out. No reason to deal for one of those retread pitchers named.

As for dunn hitting 3 hrs, that should diminsh his value. If he has 40 hrs in him than that's 3 less he is going to hit. At least that's how I would try and sell it!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Really wish the Sox would kick the tires on Garret Jones instead. No way he'd cost as much as Dunn.

Agreed. If we pretend we're the Cubs, they'd probably give him to us in exchange for like a rookie ball backup catcher and 5 dollars or a package similar to that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:01 AM)
Agreed. If we pretend we're the Cubs, they'd probably give him to us in exchange for like a rookie ball backup catcher and 5 dollars or a package similar to that.

Give them Torres, Santeliz, and Blackwood

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
I wonder if Viciedo has been playing well enough that he could go in such a deal

This wouldn't be so bad. I mean, let's face it, we're stuck with Teahen anyway thanks to his extension, and I'll take Dunn over Viciedo DH'ing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Really wish the Sox would kick the tires on Garret Jones instead. No way he'd cost as much as Dunn.

Think about just how little sense Jones makes:

He's under team control for FIVE more years after this season, yeah that's right, not a typo FIVE.

He's super cheap so the Pirates have little incentive to trade him unless they get overwhelmed, that 5 years of control adds to this value.

He's wildly inconsistent: since May 1st he's touched an .800 OPS 5 times but can't keep it up there over an extended period of time. In May his OPS range was nearly .100, in June it was .067. His power is also inconsistent, going weeks between HR, he's currently on a 20 game HR drought.

We definitely need more of a sure thing than Garrett Jones (the man with the .340 wOBA that looked like a career minor leaguer until last season) and I'm not sold at all on his cheap price tag.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:33 AM)
Think about just how little sense Jones makes:

He's under team control for FIVE more years after this season, yeah that's right, not a typo FIVE.

He's super cheap so the Pirates have little incentive to trade him unless they get overwhelmed, that 5 years of control adds to this value.

He's wildly inconsistent: since May 1st he's touched an .800 OPS 5 times but can't keep it up there over an extended period of time. In May his OPS range was nearly .100, in June it was .067. His power is also inconsistent, going weeks between HR, he's currently on a 20 game HR drought.

We definitely need more of a sure thing than Garrett Jones (the man with the .340 wOBA that looked like a career minor leaguer until last season) and I'm not sold at all on his cheap price tag.

You and your hate-o-rade post have become unbearable to read lately.

The Sox want Dunn badly and that's the line from ESPN BBTN. Question is how much do the Nats want and are they really that willing to trade a big hitter like Dunn? If Dunn is a FA after this season then I think we should pass on him. Do we need more pitching now? Cliff Lee, who is also a free agent after this season or possibly Roy Ostwalt? Or do we keep our home grown talent Dn Hudson and see what we have. I do not like rapeing the farm system for one year rentals.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Sucks that you can't face the truth. Keep on loving some mediocre, career minor league firstbaseman.

Some would argue that's better than some of the people we're giving a lot of at bats to right now. I didn't realize he's under 5 more years of club control though, he's not going anywhere unless he gets red hot and they want way more for him than I'd be willing to pay.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Some would argue that's better than some of the people we're giving a lot of at bats to right now.

That's not exactly saying much. There's 160 players in baseball with a higher wOBA than Kotsay.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
Can we start up a trade winds sub forum yet? =)

For real.

BTW, Oswalt throws a 1 hitter today. ERA down to 3.08 and WHIP at 1.05. Oswalt/Berkman to the rescue! :P

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
The Sox want Dunn badly and that's the line from ESPN BBTN. Question is how much do the Nats want and are they really that willing to trade a big hitter like Dunn? If Dunn is a FA after this season then I think we should pass on him. Do we need more pitching now? Cliff Lee, who is also a free agent after this season or possibly Roy Ostwalt? Or do we keep our home grown talent Dn Hudson and see what we have. I do not like rapeing the farm system for one year rentals.

What farm system?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
That's not exactly saying much. There's 160 players in baseball with a higher wOBA than Kotsay.

If for some reason we could get him for cheap, I'd have no problem with trading for Jones. However, I agree with you for the most part that he is nothing to write home about and give up anything worth a lot of value for.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times? hears rumblings that the White Sox, who just lost Jake Peavy to the DL, are at least 'kicking tires' on Lee. That would not be a surprise given Kenny Williams' track record.

You can't keep winning games 1-0 and relying on 2 hit shutouts from the pitching staff. We need a bat. We need offense.