White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
Stone said on M&H this morning that Kenny is going to make a "significant move"

Take it FWIW

I take it as something that is going to happen. Stone is right SO MUCH of the time when he goes out of his way to make bold statements.

I love stone because he speaks in riddles, and lays subtle hints and clues. A lot of the time you don't really notice what he's actually saying, it sounds very opinion-based and you'll usually pass it off, but if you dig a little deeper he's telling you a bit more without exposing himself as somebody who's untrustworthy with that kind of information

I'm kind of excited

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
I don't think Stone is really going out on a limb there. I mean, it's Kenny Williams. He's going to do something. Obviously Dunn is the target, and I think there's a good chance he joins the Sox on Sunday. Wouldn't that be cool?

It would be cool but man...2 months and not wanting to DH? Ugh. I'd much rather have Fielder.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
I don't think Stone is really going out on a limb there. I mean, it's Kenny Williams. He's going to do something. Obviously Dunn is the target, and I think there's a good chance he joins the Sox on Sunday. Wouldn't that be cool?

i would rather him join the sox this week on the homestand

I would hope once he got here, he would just suck it up and try to get a ring. I also think you could throw him out at 1B once a week. Basically what they're doing with Kotsay now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
It would be cool but man...2 months and not wanting to DH? Ugh. I'd much rather have Fielder.

Haren- Angels (Who the hell saw that coming?)

Oswalt- Cardinals

Lilly- Twins

Greinke- Yankees in a deal for Joba, Montero, others. If they deal Greinke to the hated Yanks, Royals fans will burn Kaufmann Stadium down

Laroche Bullpen arm or bench player - White Sox

Aramis Ramirez - Tigers

Derrick Lee - Rangers

Lindsay Lohan - Cardinals

Tyra Banks - Phillies

Angelina Jolie - Twins

Megan Fox KEELEY HAZELL- White Sox :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Pamala Anderson - Tigers

Fixed :D

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
Stone saying that makes me nervous......this isn't the year to go all in.

If it's not Dunn or Fielder, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I bet Dunn signs a contract extension with the Nats this week. And Fielder is too expensive. I don't think KW is going to give the Brewers what they want for him.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
If it's not Dunn or Fielder, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I bet Dunn signs a contract extension with the Nats this week. And Fielder is too expensive. I don't think KW is going to give the Brewers what they want for him.

What else would be huge?

(Adrian!)

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
Haren- Angels (Who the hell saw that coming?)

Oswalt- Cardinals

Lilly- Twins

Greinke- Yankees in a deal for Joba, Montero, others. If they deal Greinke to the hated Yanks, Royals fans will burn Kaufmann Stadium down

Laroche Bullpen arm or bench player - White Sox

Aramis Ramirez - Tigers

Derrick Lee - Rangers

Fixed :D

Best fix I've ever seen.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
I think it would have to be a move for Fielder or Dunn. I'm not sure I'd call trading for a guy like Ted Lilly significant.

I think we'd win more games with Hudson out there as the 5th starter than Lilly this year.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
I think it would have to be a move for Fielder or Dunn. I'm not sure I'd call trading for a guy like Ted Lilly significant.

but would Steve Stone think that's significant is the question...

We'll get someone but I'm willing to bet, that someone is a name nobody's heard and we didn't even know he was available.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)

We'll get someone but I'm willing to bet, that someone is a name nobody's heard and we didn't even know he was available.

Well, he did say Freddy Garcia should be an All-Star.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
Did he say this based on what he's hearing or his feeling in how KW has dealt in the past?

I didn't hear it, but my guess is that he's probably using a combination of all the rumors combined with Williams' aggressive trades in the past.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)

That's a good point. Even though Lilly may not be a "significant" player, it may be a significant trade to acquire a guy like him if it fills a hole in our rotation.