This game is OVA!!!

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:26 AM)
Maybe Viciedo should be starting a lot more?

That's about the only negative thing I can take from this game, which is saying something. Great win.

Viciedo is just a monster against LHP. He'll get plenty of chances this week to face lefties. The biggest negatives right now with the Sox are that Rios and Quentin are struggling to hit the ball with any authority.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:26 AM)
This game was over before it started; Ryan Rowland-Smith is an historically awful pitcher, luckily we did exactly what we were supposed to do and kicked the living s*** out of him.

Even for Mr. Pessimism, I was EXTREMELY confident heading into tonight's game.

It's good to have a laugher once in a while.

Gavin was real good today, as usual.

By the end of this series, I expect Detroit to be buried in the dirt and 5-6 games back of us.

Edited by chw42

Even for Mr. Pessimism, I was EXTREMELY confident heading into tonight's game.

OT Fath, the twinkies just won't go the hell away, little @ss annoying insects that they are!!

:gosox3:

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)
OT Fath, the twinkies just won't go the hell away, little @ss annoying insects that they are!!

:gosox3:

Twins are a good team that have a fantastic 1-2 combo going in Liriano/Pavano and their hitters are making great contact at the plate. We all knew it wouldn't be easy, but I'm very happy with the ability this team is showing at home.

Twins are a good team that have a fantastic 1-2 combo going in Liriano/Pavano and their hitters are making great contact at the plate. We all knew it wouldn't be easy, but I'm very happy with the ability this team is showing at home.

Can you imagine our record if both Danksie and Floyd had gotten better run support this year? Danks would be like 13/14-5 and Floyd I dunno maybe 10-6.

Man, we play like that and all is well in the world.

It's like we don't need to make any moves on nights like this.

Seriously ... Viciedo needs to play almost every day at 3B and/or DH. Just forget Kotsay, Oz and KW, and play the kid.

Also, Alexei! My gosh is he hot.

Andruw Jones may stink but somehow he has 14 home runs. Alexei is up to 10 hrs.

I know the M's are one of the worst teams in humanity, but so were the Indians when we kept losing to them. So I'll take this.

I also like the fact we continue to roll at home.

The No. 2 hole sure didn't jinx Lexi. Go Sox!

When Teahen gets activated, who the f*** is going to go down? Sending Viciedo down would/will be sad. The guy should be playing more. I'd rather send Lillybridge down or Linebrink but we know that isn't going to happen.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)

Not to overly belabor the point, but it just keeps on rearing its head. Imagine the Sox with an entire season of Thome instead of Kotsay combined with subtracting him from the Twins lineup where he's been filling in for Morneau now for 3 weeks. Their focus now could entirely be trying to pick up a 5th starter.

63 games left. 2 with the Mariners. 7 with Baltimore. 6 with the Indians. 6 with the Royals. And it's arguable that the Tigers will be a good team the rest of the way. We have 14 left with them.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Too bad we can't play bad teams all the time... nice win tonight.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Not to overly belabor the point, but it just keeps on rearing its head. Imagine the Sox with an entire season of Thome instead of Kotsay combined with subtracting him from the Twins lineup where he's been filling in for Morneau now for 3 weeks. Their focus now could entirely be trying to pick up a 5th starter.

and imagine if your Aunt had a penis...

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
63 games left. 2 with the Mariners. 7 with Baltimore. 6 with the Indians. 6 with the Royals. And it's arguable that the Tigers will be a good team the rest of the way. We have 14 left with them.

Uh-oh haha

It's almost better to not have the 14 against them left....

I called it in the GT, whenever I go Floyd pitches wonderfully.

My brothers friend that works there is head of internship things/ticket sales (I think on the internship thing at least) and he's generally money on what he thinks of players

Teahen: Did not like that trade, good clubhouse guy, best suited as super-utility

Omar: Calming on Alexei in the clubhouse as well as field

Dayan: Real deal.

Andruw Jones: Better than Rios sometimes during warmups in CF, just not as fast.

Flowers: Eeeeehh

Not to overly belabor the point, but it just keeps on rearing its head. Imagine the Sox with an entire season of Thome instead of Kotsay

How bout an entire season (or next 2 months) of Dayan instead of Kotsay.

I'd even want Viciedo over Thome right now as regular DH. I hate that Thome shift.

How bout an entire season (or next 2 months) of Dayan instead of Kotsay.

I'd even want Viciedo over Thome right now as regular DH. I hate that Thome shift.

Thome has a .933 OPS, and is the exact lefty power bat that we are missing... Hating the Thome shift is a pretty dumb reason to not want him. Ozzie really screwed up picking Kotsay over Thome. It's going to cost us some good prospects now if we want to get somebody of equal production to Thome. That move is really not talked about enough. It could end up costing us Hudson and another good prospect. Ozzie screwed up. Plain and simple.

QUOTE (clown baby @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
Thome has a .933 OPS, and is the exact lefty power bat that we are missing... Hating the Thome shift is a pretty dumb reason to not want him. Ozzie really screwed up picking Kotsay over Thome. It's going to cost us some good prospects now if we want to get somebody of equal production to Thome. That move is really not talked about enough. It could end up costing us Hudson and another good prospect. Ozzie screwed up. Plain and simple.

Why talk about it more? What more is there to discuss? It's over and done with. He is a Minnesota Twin now.