Game Thread! 9/9/10 Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
Manny's been here for like 27 seconds and he's already been a waste of 4 million. Not singling him out or anything. But our season is just about over and he hasn't even had a chance to make a legitimate impact.

If the Sox try to bring him back next year, it better not be for anything more than 5 million or so. Watching him play all season, he just doesn't have the same bat speed he once had. He's still such a smart hitter with a great approach, but to pay him as if he's an elite run producer would be silly.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
The twins will win the first two games at the cell, easily if Floyd and Danks go as the pee themselves when it counts, and if Garci-Harrell-orres pitches it'll be an easy sweep. Season ended before this roadtrip started

They do? Apparently you've never watched Danks pitch at all? Ever seen game 163?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Manny's been here for like 27 seconds and he's already been a waste of 4 million. Not singling him out or anything. But our season is just about over and he hasn't even had a chance to make a legitimate impact.

We acquired him too late.

Sox have a lot of work to do in the offseason. Will be hard to improve the team if we don't trade any of our starters and I assume we still want a rotation of Mark, Jackson, Floyd, Danks and Peavy which on paper will be very good.

Man with Sale and Thornton and Putz and maybe Jenks ... on paper that's a worldbeater staff. But we know how on paper doesn't mean s*** when it comes to the White Sox, who can't beat teams in their own division.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)

Sox have a lot of work to do in the offseason. Will be hard to improve the team if we don't trade any of our starters and I assume we still want a rotation of Mark, Jackson, Floyd, Danks and Peavy which on paper will be very good.

Man with Sale and Thornton and Putz and maybe Jenks ... on paper that's a worldbeater staff. But we know how on paper doesn't mean s*** when it comes to the White Sox, who can't beat teams in their own division.

Sale won't be in the bullpen. He'll either be starting with the big league team or starting in the minors. I would be surprised if he's not projected by the Sox to be starting in the majors next season with one of the 5 starting pitchers traded this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Sale won't be in the bullpen. He'll either be starting with the big league team or starting in the minors. I would be surprised if he's not projected by the Sox to be starting in the majors next season with one of the 5 starting pitchers traded this offseason.

I could easily see Danks getting traded this off-season, and depending on the haul we'd get, I'd be all for it....

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)

I'd love to see him starting in the majors. Great attitude--fearless--and his stuff is eee-lectric.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)

If we keep Jenks for the amount he will get in arb... jeez. I don't see the front office being that dumb though. You can get much better with the amount he would be making.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Us trading D1 could work out like the Tigers trading Jackson last year...but the return has to be right.

They are in 3rd place. Why trade a guy who is going to be 26 years old and may be the ace of the staff eventually? I really think people take 1 or 2 games and go way overboard both positive and negative. This is not a guy you trade away. Its the type of guy you want on your team.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)
You were saying you didn't want to acquire the bum at all at the time!

:lolhitting I was going to point that out, but I figured it would have been fruitless.

Oh, and I fixed that for ya.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff