2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Lucas is a career 81% free throw shooter and I always thought you want your best free throw shooters on the court at the end of the game.

Exactly the point of why career free throw percentage isn't some sort of be all for the last minute.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
Exactly the point of why career free throw percentage isn't some sort of be all for the last minute.

Regardless of FT percentage or amount of time with the team, Lucas should of been able to hit at least on of those free throws. To me it is 100 percent on Lucas, not Thibs putting him in the game. The Bulls were a superstar short last night, and it took a Superstar shot to beat them, and unfortunately the Superstar made the shot.

Really though, the Bulls were on the second game of a back to back, on the road for the 6th game of the dreaded circus trip, without Rose, and started off the game down 21-7. If you would have told me in the first quarter that the Bulls would take the lead in the final 5 minutes and eventually lose by 1 to the Nuggets on a shot by Carmelo Anthony, I would have told you A: you are nuts, and B: I will take it. If there is such a thing as a moral victory, this was it. The Bulls bench showed a lot in the face of adversity last night. It sucks that they lost, but when the tipoff happened I didnt think they had a prayer to win it, I was expecting a blowout

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
Heat lose yet again... 9-8 now

With both Haslem/Miller down, that is one BRUTAL roster outside of the "Big" 3. Other than maybe Eddie House, there isn't one player on that team I'd want anywhere near the Bulls. I won't pretend that I didn't have the Heat pegged for 65-70 wins (glad I was wrong), but anybody knew that any kinda legitimate injuries and they were going to be in deep s*** with their paper thin depth.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose are monsters.

Still don't like the Noah extension. But he has definitely become a pleasure to watch. And Rose? Wow. PG play all around the league is just amazing right now. Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, Rose. The NBA definitely is getting what they wanted when they blatantly altered the rules to cater to guards/wings.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
I love this team.

Now only if we could upgrade the 2 position. I can't watch Bogans start the whole year.

Why is Bogans starting over Brewer? Not that Brewer is the great shooter we need, but I like what he brings to both ends of the floor. Bogans is pretty good at missing wide open shots but, still, I'd prefer Brewer starting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 07:01 AM)

I completely disagree. I don't care if you are cold or warm, you should be able to come in and make free throws. Guys pratice em all day. Even if he was running a ton, he might only get a couple shots a game. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be ready/capable of hitting his free throws.

He had warmup shots at the half and before the game. Only person to blame those missed free throws on are Lucas himself and I'm pretty sure he'd tell anyone that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 01:20 AM)
Lately he's been taking some really ill-advised shots though, imo. Still playing ridiculous though.

He's definitely forcing more shots this year as a whole but he's still shooting a decent percentage. I honestly haven't seen a lot of this west coast trip though minus the first two or so games so I'll take your word for it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
Still don't like the Noah extension. But he has definitely become a pleasure to watch. And Rose? Wow. PG play all around the league is just amazing right now. Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, Rose. The NBA definitely is getting what they wanted when they blatantly altered the rules to cater to guards/wings.

How can you not like the extension?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
RIP Tyreke Evans's ankles

Rose almost had him sitting on his ass with that crossover. God that was sick, once Rose made that move there was literally nobody in the lane to stop him

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
How can you not like the extension?

Well if he maintains his current production (15 PPG scorer to go along with the boards) then I take it back. But I still view him as a liability overall offensively. I get the intensity, fire, ect. But that's not worth 12-14 million dollars, IMO.