2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Maybe it's me, but since Weber's been there, his teams have always done a great job when they apply serious pressure in the form of a turnover or foul style press.

Absolutely. I think that's how they came back from 20+ down in one half vs Clemson a few years back. On the flip side, I think that when teams have pressed Weber's teams, they have fallen apart awfully quickly as well.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
The worst perimeter college basketball shooter I've ever seen is leaving Illinois. Crandall Head to transfer...he'd be better off at somewhere like UIC.

Watching a game last week I remeber commenting that Head is very quick and super athletic, but appears to just be an awful basketball player, like he never learned the basics of the game.

So much for the heralded recruiting class of Richmond, Head, & Leonard that saved Weber's job.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Wisconsin at Nebraska for their Big 10 opener. All reports indicate Nebraska is better than youd expect.

That's kind of their MO. They're not going to post a winning record in the league, but they won't be a bottom feeder. They can scrap a few good wins as well.

Nebraska basketball is the most awful team to play against. It will be a slow plodding game. You won't beat them by a lot b/c they won't let you have the ball a lot of possessions. I refuse to watch them play basketball.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Nebraska basketball is the most awful team to play against. It will be a slow plodding game. You won't beat them by a lot b/c they won't let you have the ball a lot of possessions. I refuse to watch them play basketball.

Ain't that the truth. They always had Mizzou's number (relatively) too.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
I can't stand to watch Brandon Paul play basketball anymore. He is so f***ing awful.

You didn't like the layup that hit off the backboard and went almost to the FT line? Paul also could be called for carrying on every possession.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
You didn't like the layup that hit off the backboard and went almost to the FT line? Paul also could be called for carrying on every possession.

I don't even understand how you can have him on the floor right now. Guy was shooting 37% coming in to tonight and hes 3-14...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 28, 2011 -> 03:34 AM)
LOL at the refs not calling that foul on Minnesota. Leonard got ridiculously hacked going to the basket. I'm pretty apathetic because if we continue to suck Weber is gone but that is f***ing ridiculous that that wasn't called.

A few plays before that, after he made a basket, meters got hit or punched right in from of hightower, who just ignored it? Was really odd. OT now