Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
Most likely Ozzie knew there was a 100 percent better chance of konerko getting a hit than beckham and Dunn. And I can't say I disagree with him there.

If he's really that unsure of his 2/3 hitters, then move Alexei to 2nd and Quentin to 3rd.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
yeah who knows, maybe with 2 on no out maddon goes to the pen and it's a different story. Beckham gets out, well then it wouldn't have changed the outcome. As it was, you were GUARANTEEING that it would be harder to win.

Odds of scoring go significantly down from 1 on no out to 1 on 1 out

Even if that one on is moved to scoring position?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
If he's really that unsure of his 2/3 hitters, then move Alexei to 2nd and Quentin to 3rd.

Is anyone on here sure of the 2 and 3 hitters? In this thread alone Dunn is worthless and Beckham is a bust.

Nice at bats, Dunn and Paulie.

One run?

What a predictable joke of a team this is.

This April is slowly turning into a disaster after winning the first few series.

Just fire somebody and prove this year is different.

Oz, Kenny, somebody.

Fire away.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Why is it always assumed a DP when a bunt is called? How often does Beckham hit into DPs? A lot less than he reaches base. Why not try a hit and run or have Beckham try to hit the ball to the right side. If Dunn gets a hit, there's a decent chance its for extra bases or maybe he coaxes a walk and even if Beckham doesn't advance him Pierre is on second.

:lol:

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
Even if that one on is moved to scoring position?

Moving a runner into scoring position for Dunn is not even that important. I'd rather take my chances of Beckham first and thirding it with a single then relying on Dunn to get a base hit (especially with how awful he looks).

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
yeah who knows, maybe with 2 on no out maddon goes to the pen and it's a different story. Beckham gets out, well then it wouldn't have changed the outcome. As it was, you were GUARANTEEING that it would be harder to win.

Odds of scoring go significantly down from 1 on no out to 1 on 1 out

we lost so who cares, doesnt matter and no point blaming ozzie, its not going to change anything

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
174-167 in their last 341 games that includes a 25-5 streak.

I'd like to know what the record has been since the second half collapse in '06. Good god if we don't win that coinflip in '08. This team really needs new direction. I'm talking from top to bottom. This organization is too stubborn for it's own good. And the obsession with loyalty and hiring former White Sox players for any position, regardless of if they're better, more qualified options out there, is pretty f***ing wack.

Edited by Jordan4life

At some point your players have to put it together. The pen has imploded, and the lineup has gone cold. One run out of this lineup is a joke no matter what night it is, even with a bunt or two. The 3,4,5 hitters on this team need to f***ing hit the damn ball and the rest of the guys need to slap some singles. I'm not sure how anyone in baseball could have managed a win with the performance by our offense today. Sucks for Danks who is having a stellar season.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
just feeling bad for Danks

Definitely, the dude has done a hell of a job so far and has an 0-2 record to show for it.

So at what point do we look at the slow starts as less a product of talent than outside factors? This team is clearly better than last years but is quickly headed in the same direction. I know its early and all but digging a hole to climb out of is never a good way to run a team.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
we lost so who cares, doesnt matter and no point blaming ozzie, its not going to change anything

i think we're all on this board because we care...

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
Moving a runner into scoring position for Dunn is not even that important. I'd rather take my chances of Beckham first and thirding it with a single then relying on Dunn to get a base hit (especially with how awful he looks).

I'm fairly sure Ozzie just wanted konerko to get an at bat since the rest of the hitters in front of him blow. I'm ok with that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
I'd like to know what the record has been since the second half collapse in '06. Good god if we don't win that coinflip in '08. This team really needs new direction. I'm talking from top to bottom. This organization is too stubborn for it's own good. And the obsession with loyalty and hiring former White Sox players for any position, regardless of if they're better, more qualified options out there, is pretty f***ing wack.

completely agree. but i love ozzie so thats tough. fine, get rid of everyone except for ozzie lol