GAME THREAD: OAK @ CWS, 6/10, 7:10pm

Welcome back to 2009.

No momentum, trolling around the .500 mark for most of the season but not a legit contender, either.

You really wonder if Santos will be able to recover from this outing so easily.

Not surprising that only 20,166 want to watch this team on a Friday night. Yeah, yeah, bad weather...

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:09 AM)
You know full well Terence isn't a manager in baseball who would have pulled him before the double.

Totally disagree. It was clear he couldn't get anything but a fastball over. I really think Crain would have been brought in if he wasn't "overused".

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:10 AM)
Are people seriously saying the season is over and f*** Ozzie and KW because a team coming off a 10 game losing streak decided to steal one? Get a f***ing clue.

Again ... when does our favorite team ever "steal one?"

This team is a f***ing joke and has been a f***ing joke all season.

10 in a row 2 outs in the ninth at home and we can't close out OAKLAND?

Now Gio beats us and we're down 2-1 at home in a series against OAKland? f***.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Welcome back to 2009.

No momentum, trolling around the .500 mark for most of the season but not a legit contender, either.

You really wonder if Santos will be able to recover from this outing so easily.

Not surprising that only 20,166 want to watch this team on a Friday night. Yeah, yeah, bad weather...

They are 7-3 in their last 10. WTF

I can't think of a single part of this franchise that doesn't suck right now. Our general manager sucks, our manager sucks, and our players perform below expectations/suck. Meanwhile, the owner continues to sleep as the team tumbles deeper and deeper into irrelevance. I wonder what it'll take for change.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Are people seriously saying the season is over and f*** Ozzie and KW because a team coming off a 10 game losing streak decided to steal one? Get a f***ing clue.

That's exactly what I'm saying. This team has no history of bouncing back from devastating losses such as these.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Not to s*** team with 10 game losing streaks.

If you really believe that, then I'd like to start off by introducing you to this game. It's called baseball. The goal is to hit te ball with this wooden stick.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Again ... when does our favorite team ever "steal one?"

This team is a f***ing joke and has been a f***ing joke all season.

10 in a row 2 outs in the ninth at home and we can't close out OAKLAND?

Now Gio beats us and we're down 2-1 at home in a series against OAKland? f***.

They stole one last night actually. Dinked and dunked about 4 runs without a hit into the outfield.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
They are 7-3 in their last 10. WTF

They've been under .500, comfortably, the entire season since week 2 ended. And they're blowing a great chance to do something on this homestand.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
He had no offspeed stuff tonight and his fastball is straighter than anyone else's on the team.

You're up 2 runs, you have an 0-2 count, 2 outs, and no one on base. You make him hit the f***ing fastball instead of throwing that third slider in a row.

f***, I would just thrown a third straight fastball. If he hits a home run, you're still up 5-4.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
Totally disagree. It was clear he couldn't get anything but a fastball over. I really think Crain would have been brought in if he wasn't "overused".

I personally think you've lost your mind. Sergio still was one out away from getting the game over with.

That meaty fastball could have been lined right at Rios.

CLosers close.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
I can't think of a single part of this franchise that doesn't suck right now. Our general manager sucks, our manager sucks, and our players perform below expectations/suck. Meanwhile, the owner continues to sleep as the team tumbles deeper and deeper into irrelevance. I wonder what it'll take for change.

Konerko and Quentin are pretty awesome.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
Of course Sergio s*** the bed, but there was no excuse to have him still in the game. Maybe KW should get off his ass and get us another righty in the pen.

Maybe JR better get off his ass and fire Ozzie and Kenny

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)

Check how many 9th inning leads the other teams in MLB have blown. This damn team has no balls.