WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
Most of that is Santiago is gone first. Second probably is Bruney, thought it would be ideal to try to find away to push Pena back to Sept 1st.

That's what we were trying to get you to say. Basically...we need to trade someone.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Why not Dunn?

See if he can get his swing back in AAA if he doesn't show any life over the next two series.

Because the Sox can't send him to the minors unless it's on a rehab stint unless he agrees to go to the minors or the Sox eat his entire contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
Because the Sox can't send him to the minors unless it's on a rehab stint unless he agrees to go to the minors or the Sox eat his entire contract.

There's approximately a 0% chance of that occurring.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)

I'm guessing that Dunn would agree to a couple weeks down there.

Might do him some good.

It'll never happen thou.

If this team continues winning series over the next 9 games - I don't expect many changes.

However, if they go south - I'm guessing that a spot for Viciedo will be made, some starters will be dealt, some BP arms will be dealt, etc.

That's much more realistic than sending Dunn to AAA but I bet he would agree to it and I bet it would do him good.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
That's much more realistic than sending Dunn to AAA but I bet he would agree to it and I bet it would do him good.

After the first half, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd offered him either a DL stint or a minor league stint at some point just to see what he'd say.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
:lolhitting Where have you been the last 10 years. The Sox have gotten the biggest deal done at the deadline at least twice since Kenny has been here in the first Everett deal and Freddy Garcia. Plus countless other moves at the deadline, including Manny.

It seems like for whatever reason they are hesitant to do a damn thing this year to improve the club.

It's like KW is bound and determined to prove the club he put together will get hot and will win it all.

Countless moves? I am not thinking of many.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
It seems like for whatever reason they are hesitant to do a damn thing this year to improve the club.

It's like KW is bound and determined to prove the club he put together will get hot and will win it all.

Countless moves? I am not thinking of many.

Manny, Griffey, Peavy, Jackson, Garcia, Alomar, Everett, Rios, Blum, Pena

if we've given up on Morel why can't Viciedo take his place? I know we've been playing him in OF and his 3b defense isn't great, but it hasn't been long since he was in the hot corner....doesn't it make sense to try him there if we don't have anybody and Ozzie refuses to take pierre out of the lineup? (plus pierre hasn't been that awful of late)

There are so many ways to fit Viciedo in...it's really just mind-boggling.

QUOTE (typewritermender @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
if we've given up on Morel why can't Viciedo take his place? I know we've been playing him in OF and his 3b defense isn't great, but it hasn't been long since he was in the hot corner....doesn't it make sense to try him there if we don't have anybody and Ozzie refuses to take pierre out of the lineup? (plus pierre hasn't been that awful of late)

There are so many ways to fit Viciedo in...it's really just mind-boggling.

I don't think the Sox have given up on Morel. He is a quality glove man. Problem is we have Teahan there too plus Vizquel can play 3B as well when needed. Might make sense to send down Morel thiough if push comes to shove with Viciedo, but I don't see that happening.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I don't think the Sox have given up on Morel. He is a quality glove man. Problem is we have Teahan there too plus Vizquel can play 3B as well when needed. Might make sense to send down Morel thiough if push comes to shove with Viciedo, but I don't see that happening.

I hope we send down Morel, but only because he isn't going to get better sitting on the bench in Ozzie's dogout. I still have tons of faith in Brent, and think he will still be the 3B of the future, but until Teahen's ass is gone, he isn't going to get much of a leash. Let him continue to develop his bat in AAA, and swap in Viciedo.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)

Like with Brian Anderson in '06, all we needed was league-average or even slightly below league-average production from Morel and, combined with his defense, you could play him everyday. Like with Anderson, Morel is so bad offensively that whatever he gives you with his glove is negated by the fact that he's as worthless on offense as I was when I was messing around with lighter fluid the other day, set a small grass fire, and tried to put it out by spitting on it. I was, of course, drunk.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
Like with Brian Anderson in '06, all we needed was league-average or even slightly below league-average production from Morel and, combined with his defense, you could play him everyday. Like with Anderson, Morel is so bad offensively that whatever he gives you with his glove is negated by the fact that he's as worthless on offense as I was when I was messing around with lighter fluid the other day, set a small grass fire, and tried to put it out by spitting on it. I was, of course, drunk.

Really, that's not what we needed from Morel this year. We needed substantially below average production with the bat but a decent glove. For the most part, we've gotten that.

The problem is that Dunn, Rios, and Beckham have failed to do their job.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Really, that's not what we needed from Morel this year. We needed substantially below average production with the bat but a decent glove. For the most part, we've gotten that.

The problem is that Dunn, Rios, and Beckham have failed to do their job.

The bolded does not compute for me. Why would we need substantially below average production with the bat? We might have expected it...but you're saying we needed it?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
The bolded does not compute for me. Why would we need substantially below average production with the bat? We might have expected it...but you're saying we needed it?

Let me rephrase..."That is all we needed. Anything beyond that would be a bonus."

Coming into the season, I'd have said that if we had an .850+ OPS from Dunn, and .825+ OPS from Beckham, and hell, a .775 OPS from Rios, along with decent numbers from Quentin, I wouldn't care if Morel was hitting .220, he wouldn't be deciding games with that bat.

If you'd told me that Dunn and Rios would have OPS's below .550 or wherever they are now, then yeah, I'd say Morel's O would be hurting us...but only because no one else is hitting the ball either.