AJ vs. Peavy thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
I have no clue. redandwhite is another guy that comes to mind when it came to extreme negativity. But he would attack other posters. Especially when they accused him of being a fake White Sox fan.

He was. It shone through at times, but he managed to keep it pretty well hidden. And then one day, he just exploded. It's funny, but you can actually get a feel for certain posters. Some guys you know are going to go off one day and get themselves banned. He was one of the guys I knew it would happen to.

Is there a list of posters who have been banned?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
Jabroni

(I didn't answer earlier either to taunt you or to avoid bringing his name up).

Looks like he watched too much WWE, I don't recall him, maybe he was around during my hiatus

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
YES! That's him. He had like 5,000 post in 4 months. And didn't he have a second name after that? That dude was hilarious.

SSH2K5 or something like that

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
I have no clue. redandwhite is another guy that comes to mind when it came to extreme negativity. But he would attack other posters. Especially when they accused him of being a fake White Sox fan.

My favorite of all time was the juggernaut or whatever his name, never forget the thread he made defending how it was ok to do his kid's homework

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Brian, you're wrong on this one, AJ's actions are indefensible. I rip Peavy as much as the next guy, but this isn't about how he was performing, or AJ backers vs Peavy backers based on anything in the past.

Here's what happened, I posted this in the game thread:

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" heave-ho sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

AJ needs to take a lesson from Jonathan Toews IMO.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Brian, you're wrong on this one, AJ's actions are indefensible. I rip Peavy as much as the next guy, but this isn't about how he was performing, or AJ backers vs Peavy backers based on anything in the past.

Here's what happened, I posted this in the game thread:

When Peavy gives up that last hit, as Soriano scores you can briefly see AJ give the "get him out of here" heave-ho sign with his right arm and his right pointer finger extended. Then as he walks towards the mound, he's staring into the dugout just waiting, begging for the change. He basically showed Peavy up, and Peavy saw it.

It started before they were both on the mound and Ozzie made the change. Can't really fault Peavy, that's not a good move by a catcher regardless of whether he should be taken out, you just don't do that.

Peavy is the last guy on this team who can play the "teammate card." The reason they are using a 6 man rotation is solely because of him. Further, I'm sure every sox fan was screaming at their TV yelling at Ozzie to pull him. For a guy who himself calls himself a bulldog, he sure got butthurt at body language. Don't like it Jake? Make your damn pitches, and get the next hitter out to prove AJ you were not done. He didn't sack up with the next hitter. Period.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Peavy is the last guy on this team who can play the "teammate card." The reason they are using a 6 man rotation is solely because of him. Further, I'm sure every sox fan was screaming at their TV yelling at Ozzie to pull him. For a guy who himself calls himself a bulldog, he sure got butthurt at body language. Don't like it Jake? Make your damn pitches, and get the next hitter out to prove AJ you were not done. He didn't sack up with the next hitter. Period.

Really? Are you paying attention? Didn't Jake offer to go to the pen?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Um....huh?

You don't think the other 5 guys are cool with changing up their routines so an off injured player who came here two years ago and has made roughly 10 starts? The starting 5 made sacrifices for the team. Jake needs to do the same.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
Really? Are you paying attention? Didn't Jake offer to go to the pen?

I'm not sure if he did, and even if so, what is supposed to say? No screw you I'm starting?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
You don't think the other 5 guys are cool with changing up their routines so an off injured player who came here two years ago and has made roughly 10 starts? The starting 5 made sacrifices for the team. Jake needs to do the same.

I'm not sure if he did, and even if so, what is supposed to say? No screw you I'm starting?

Buehrle is happy with it, for one.

And he did say he'd go to the pen.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)

Yeah, he could have said the latter.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Much ado about nothing, indeed.

And only here at Soxtalk is anyone even accusing AJ of showing up Peavy. Nowhere else is that even being mentioned or speculated about as being the possible cause of the little argument. And neither AJ nor Peavy seem to have been as offended by whatever happened as some here were.

:lolhitting

Well that's because I'm apparently the only one that went back and looked at it. It happened. The end. It's hard to speculate when it wasn't the obvious thing on TV everyone saw, it could really only be seen by replaying it because it was during a play, not a dead ball. Do you think Peavy/AJ were going to say exactly what happened? Of course not, that doesn't do anyone any good. What he did? That s*** doesn't fly with teammates. Of course they are letting it go now, they are teammates, kind of stupid to keep holding that grudge past that inning. If you are surprised that it's still not an issue, I don't know what to tell you.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
AJ needs to take a lesson from Jonathan Toews IMO.

Good one. I'm not sure if you have made a meaningful contribution in any thread since you've been here.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)

Again, doesn't matter if it was Peavy, it's the principle of what he did. Whether or not he should be pulled or fans are yelling, doesn't make what AJ did in that situation right.

It's amazing how many people are missing the whole point of this just because it was Jake on the mound and not Buehrle.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
It's amazing how many people are missing the whole point of this just because it was Jake on the mound and not Buehrle.

It actually isn't very amazing if you read some of the posts here :)

a lot of the posters here will blindly follow certain players regardless of how indefensible their actions are

it's funny, AJ is widely known and accepted around major league baseball as being a jackass, a jerk, and overall toolbag. he shows up a teammate and there are people here defending him because they hate jake peavy.

lol, what a joke.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
It actually isn't very amazing if you read some of the posts here :)

a lot of the posters here will blindly follow certain players regardless of how indefensible their actions are

it's funny, AJ is widely known and accepted around major league baseball as being a jackass, a jerk, and overall toolbag. he shows up a teammate and there are people here defending him because they hate jake peavy.

lol, what a joke.

And with all of that being said, find me proof. Because Brett Tomko and Zach Greinke don't like him? Brett Tomko is a douchebag and Zach Greinke doesn't like most people (social disorder).

Pierzynski, in all of my time around the park years ago, was the nicest White Sox player. On roadtrips when I sometimes go (6 since 2006 [KC twice, Pittsburgh 3 times, Cincy once]), he's usually the only one who signs an autograph for anyone. Not only that, but he interacted with the fans and had some laughs. Of course, I hear Beckham is the nicest guy anyone will ever meet, so AJ is probably #2 now.

Just because he runs his mouth on the field, and on occasion to his own teammates, doesn't make him a gigantic prick who everyone hates around baseball.

I happened to be in KC for Griffey's 1st games as a White Sock, and someone asked Ehren Wassermann for an autograph. His response: "yeah right." THAT is a toolbag, folks. I've never even seen Quentin sign for a damn soul, or Pierre.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

Certainly it's quite a joke that ppl are bashing Peavy after the incident that occured last night. Ya he wasn't great or anything, even under his own admission, he flat out didn't have his stuff. And on that note, no one on the Sox rotation could have pieced together that type of results without having their stuff. Every other starter on the staff would have just blown up, and we have seen this enough times from our starters, from Floyd to Jackson to Danks to Buerhle.

For AJ going out and directing Peavy's substitution is out of line, as that is upto the manager to decide, and not the catcher's call. Jake has every right to be upset and at the heat of the moment, especially with a jam packed stadium against the Cubs, things like this happen. But instances like this always happen between teammates in any sport. Its just been blown out of proportion, at least we can hope that a thing like this can spark the club.

Edited by kapzk

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
And with all of that being said, find me proof. Because Brett Tomko and Zach Greinke don't like him? Brett Tomko is a douchebag and Zach Greinke doesn't like most people (social disorder).

Pierzynski, in all of my time around the park years ago, was the nicest White Sox player. On roadtrips when I sometimes go (6 since 2006 [KC twice, Pittsburgh 3 times, Cincy once]), he's usually the only one who signs an autograph for anyone. Not only that, but he interacted with the fans and had some laughs. Of course, I hear Beckham is the nicest guy anyone will ever meet, so AJ is probably #2 now.

Just because he runs his mouth on the field, and on occasion to his own teammates, doesn't make him a gigantic prick who everyone hates around baseball.

I happened to be in KC for Griffey's 1st games as a White Sock, and someone asked Ehren Wassermann for an autograph. His response: "yeah right." THAT is a toolbag, folks. I've never even seen Quentin sign for a damn soul, or Pierre.

Greinke? I don't remember anything with him. Am I forgetting something?

I like both AJ and Peavy, and I believe that they are both competitors, bulldogs, etc. I'm not surprised they had a confrontation at all. I remember from last year Peavy saying he liked to call his own game, and I would see him shake off a lot of pitch calls. If both guys are as stubborn as we hear about them, one would think there would have been more confrontations (and there may well have been).

I'm just glad they won the game. I agree that this would have been a much bigger issue if they had lost.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)

I'll take the word of someone who is in the industry like ptatc who knows plenty of people who have personally dealt with AJ.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
I'll take the word of someone who is in the industry like ptatc who knows plenty of people who have personally dealt with AJ.

Actually, I know what gets AJ's goat just a guess but Peavey made a comment to AJ about his inability to throw runners out.