White Sox vs. Twins, 1:10 CT, CSN

kageman129

This was a "trap" game as soon as the starting pitchers were announced.

Not sure how I feel now. I ALMOST would have rather been swept, because KW will use the victory yesterday as the excuse not to make any changes.

That and the fact we're only 4 1/2 or 5 GB, depending on what the Tigers do.

In the end, 21-25 at home and 8-16 in the AL Central aren't indicators of a competitive team that's just one or two players away.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
This was a "trap" game as soon as the starting pitchers were announced.

Not sure how I feel now. I ALMOST would have rather been swept, because KW will use the victory yesterday as the excuse not to make any changes.

That and the fact we're only 4 1/2 or 5 GB, depending on what the Tigers do.

That's why they need to blow it up.

Good teams don't have all these "trap games."

You go out and beat the no name pitcher and your name pitcher mows them down.

Rather than meekly drop 3 of 4 more to Minnie.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Rios is tradeable in my opinion-might not get much in return but maybe somebody could use him

He's already been traded to the only team foolish enough to take him

Edited by mcgrad70

With no changes, it's safe to say Detroit will sweep us after the break as well.

When is our next sweep in Minnesota? Will it be a three-game sweep or four-gamer on our next trip to Minnie?

Talking to Karko's Throatskin, he has the Twins' broadcast and said their announcers just went back to replay the Rios play and had this to say - "thats terrible. I mean..just terrible. I have to show this again, I don't want any young kids playing like this. I don't like bring things like this up. But the little kids are out there...kids, please don't play like Alex Rios. Learn fundamentals. Hit the cutoff man. Make the right play."

Made my day.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Does Gordon have one offensive tool? Can't hit for average or power (even for a 2B). Is not fast. He just doesn't do anything well.

Very true. I don't like his batting stance either with the hands.

He's like another Rios at the plate.

I think he needs a makeover. He's just another Chris Getz right now or worse than Getz really.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
Does Gordon have one offensive tool? Can't hit for average or power (even for a 2B). Is not fast. He just doesn't do anything well.

Well he used to hit. Then our patented approach of simplify and destroy did the rest.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Talking to Karko's Throatskin, he has the Twins' broadcast and said their announcers just went back to replay the Rios play and had this to say - "thats terrible. I mean..just terrible. I have to show this again, I don't want any young kids playing like this. I don't like bring things like this up. But the little kids are out there...kids, please don't play like Alex Rios. Learn fundamentals. Hit the cutoff man. Make the right play."

Made my day.

Awesome.

He's stealing money.

Only choice is to release him. It's the only thing to do.

And bat Dunn ninth.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Well he used to hit. Then our patented approach of simplify and destroy did the rest.

We can't even get it right in a loaded draft with a top #10 pick. But you have a point, were he on just about any other team he'd be Pedroia.