This organization is in disarray

Jordan4life_2007

An overrated, and more importantly, overpaid major league roster full of bums, mental midgets and underachievers. A minor league system that offers nothing outside of one position player and a few relievers. A manager who, for all intents and purposes, quit on his team. A GM who really has no idea wtf he's doing and hasn't since '05. An owner who's as worthless as a submarine with screen doors. Lousy attendance. There's just nothing to like about this organization right now. We belong to one team. Not the Red Sox. Not the Yankees or Phillies. The motherf***ing Twins.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
We have a second half to play. It can still be turned around. So let's not be burning everyone at the stake please

lmao, i should bump the 'we can still turn it around in the second half' posts from the last 4-5 years

we know what we have, a team that plays poorly in the 2nd half

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
lmao, i should bump the 'we can still turn it around in the second half' posts from the last 4-5 years

Not to mention its more than the half way point. So its not like its still early.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)

In fairness though, we did get to play the Yankees and Red Sox some in the first half this season. In year's past, we would get them over a two week period (along with minny). This season, I believe both teams still have to come here, I'm guessing we're not going there anymore.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
In fairness though, we did get to play the Yankees and Red Sox some in the first half this season. In year's past, we would get them over a two week period (along with minny). This season, I believe both teams still have to come here, I'm guessing we're not going there anymore.

The Sox have a better record on the road than at home. There's only 70 games left and the post ASB starts out with 9 road games then Det, Bos, and NY for 10 at home.

We will know very shortly if there is any life in this team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
The Sox have a better record on the road than at home. There's only 70 games left and the post ASB starts out with 9 road games then Det, Bos, and NY for 10 at home.

We will know very shortly if there is any life in this team.

The Sox showed on this homestand there is zero life in this team. They played two horrible divisional foes and got owned.

I truly believe KC will pass the Sox and we'll finally finish last.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
We have a second half to play. It can still be turned around. So let's not be burning everyone at the stake please

The Sox should use this as their new slogan since half the fans have been hanging on this thought since 2009.

Edited by zenryan

The Sox SHOULD ...

Fire Ozzie tonight and Kenny tonight.

Release Rios over the break and eat the contract.

Bring up Dayan and have him play third; Morel can come in in late game situations if Dayan can't remember how to play third.

Trade Pierre (at the moment you trade him, put Dayan back in left).

Send down Beckham if he doesn't hit the first two weeks after the break.

Shut down Peavy.

These things all should be done IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
The Sox SHOULD ...

Fire Ozzie tonight and Kenny tonight.

Release Rios over the break and eat the contract.

Bring up Dayan and have him play third; Morel can come in in late game situations if Dayan can't remember how to play third.

Trade Pierre (at the moment you trade him, put Dayan back in left).

Send down Beckham if he doesn't hit the first two weeks after the break.

Shut down Peavy.

These things all should be done IMO.

Beckham's hitting .313 his last 10 games. I saw some rips in the gamethread by a few people. I suppose he's supposed to hit .400 with 50 homers or he's a bust.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
An overrated, and more importantly, overpaid major league roster full of bums, mental midgets and underachievers. A minor league system that offers nothing outside of one position player and a few relievers. A manager who, for all intents and purposes, quit on his team. A GM who really has no idea wtf he's doing and hasn't since '05. An owner who's as worthless as a submarine with screen doors. Lousy attendance. There's just nothing to like about this organization right now. We belong to one team. Not the Red Sox. Not the Yankees or Phillies. The motherf***ing Twins.

The only part of this post that is worth a damn is the minor league part. I never understood why they don't spend for top talent in the draft (ok well I do it's because JR and Bud Selig are close, so JR wouldn't think of going over slot so Bud can control player salaries in the draft when in the grand scheme of things it's not that much money /rant) but they have no problem throwing millions at Cubans and players from Japan (didn't they pay Iguchi without scouting him in person? I know it worked out but still).

J4L apparently is forgetting the McCarthy for Danks fleecing. I think the "manager quit" crap is pure hyperbole, but I'm tiring of playing smallball crap. Plus, I'm not sure what makes JR "worthless" besides what I posted above. He spent the money. Didn't fans b**** for years about how he was cheap and whatnot. He put his dick out on the table to win NOW. What more do you want from him?

Edited by Paint it Black

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
The only part of this post that is worth a damn is the minor league part. I never understood why they don't spend for top talent in the draft (ok well I do it's because JR and Bud Selig are close, so JR wouldn't think of going over slot so Bud can control player salaries in the draft when in the grand scheme of things it's not that much money /rant) but they have no problem throwing millions at Cubans and players from Japan (didn't they pay Iguchi without scouting him in person? I know it worked out but still).

J4L apparently is forgetting the McCarthy for Danks fleecing. I think the "manager quit" crap is pure hyperbole, but I'm tiring of playing smallball crap. Plus, I'm not sure what makes JR "worthless" besides what I posted above. He spent the money. Didn't fans b**** for years about how he was cheap and whatnot. He put his dick out on the table to win NOW. What more do you want from him?

To fire the management that is blowing away his money.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
The fire the management that is blowing away his money.

I'm cool with the loyalty. I mean, I don't think firing a GM and a manager creates a good work environment, ya know?

But if the White Sox don't make the playoffs this year, Ozzie is fired. This I believe.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
I'm cool with the loyalty. I mean, I don't think firing a GM and a manager creates a good work environment, ya know?

But if the White Sox don't make the playoffs this year, Ozzie is fired. This I believe.

Neither does f***ing up. *shrug*

It's pretty bad when the Twins announcers are embarrassed for the White Sox.

I heard comments such as....

"The White Sox are just letting the Twins exert their will on them. They're listless and lacking in energy...

Do the White Sox even read scouting reports?

How many times has Gardenhire played hit and run over the years and yet the Sox seem to have no response to these tactics?"

There was a sequence of events today where Alex Rios made about 3 errors and yet none of them would go down in the scorebook as errors. Poor technique, misreading balls off the bat consistently....missing the cutoff men and letting runners advance to 2nd or 3rd (maybe it's because he assumed AJ couldn't throw them out and was trying to protect his SB/CS %)

Even Konerko has gotten into the act the last week, in terms of defensive lapses.

Passed ball/wild pitch situation in the 9th totally sucked the life out of the comeback when it really should have been 5-4 had we been able to muster one lousy hit with Beckham in scoring position.

There's just something "broken" with this current roster that can't be fixed mid-season and can't be quick-patched with a "Camp Cora" or even if the players spent the entire All-Star Break working on these issues (which, of course, the union would never allow).

Essentially, we have the same number of losses as the Twins, so I look at the Sox essentially as having three teams in front of them.

As Dick Allen pointed out, we have a murderous stretch of games coming up, we'll know soon enough what this team is made of.

But you can't imagine them going on any kind of run without Rios, Dunn and Peavy. And Jake's probably another half year away, stuffwise. And maybe we have to deal with the reality he never gets it back...just like the Twins are dealing with Nathan post-surgery.

There's just very little to be positive about right now, other than Paul Konerko and Dayan Viciedo. I suppose if you REALLY want to look for the silver linings in rainclouds, you could add Sale and the "improvement" in Gordon Beckham over the last 2-3 weeks. Yet it seems to be defeat to think his upside right now is a 675-700 OPS/"great glove and range" 2B. Better than league average, but meeehhhhhhhhh. And this whole "gay slur" imbroglio is the icing on the cake. He's gone from "future face of the franchise" to someone KW is calling out for bring down the integrity of the White Sox. LOL. With the dysfunctional environment around the team, which starts at the top by the obvious lack of cohesiveness between KW and Ozzie, you have a recipe for disaster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
It's pretty bad when the Twins announcers are embarrassed for the White Sox.

I heard comments such as....

"The White Sox are just letting the Twins exert their will on them. They're listless and lacking in energy...

Do the White Sox even read scouting reports?

How many times has Gardenhire played hit and run over the years and yet the Sox seem to have no response to these tactics?"

There was a sequence of events today where Alex Rios made about 3 errors and yet none of them would go down in the scorebook as errors. Poor technique, misreading balls off the bat consistently....missing the cutoff men and letting runners advance to 2nd or 3rd (maybe it's because he assumed AJ couldn't throw them out and was trying to protect his SB/CS %)

Even Konerko has gotten into the act the last week, in terms of defensive lapses.

Passed ball/wild pitch situation in the 9th totally sucked the life out of the comeback when it really should have been 5-4 had we been able to muster one lousy hit with Beckham in scoring position.

There's just something "broken" with this current roster that can't be fixed mid-season and can't be quick-patched with a "Camp Cora" or even if the players spent the entire All-Star Break working on these issues (which, of course, the union would never allow).

Essentially, we have the same number of losses as the Twins, so I look at the Sox essentially as having three teams in front of them.

As Dick Allen pointed out, we have a murderous stretch of games coming up, we'll know soon enough what this team is made of.

But you can't imagine them going on any kind of run without Rios, Dunn and Peavy. And Jake's probably another half year away, stuffwise. And maybe we have to deal with the reality he never gets it back...just like the Twins are dealing with Nathan post-surgery.

There's just very little to be positive about right now, other than Paul Konerko and Dayan Viciedo. I suppose if you REALLY want to look for the silver linings in rainclouds, you could add Sale and the "improvement" in Gordon Beckham over the last 2-3 weeks. Yet it seems to be defeat to think his upside right now is a 675-700 OPS/"great glove and range" 2B. Better than league average, but meeehhhhhhhhh. And this whole "gay slur" imbroglio is the icing on the cake. He's gone from "future face of the franchise" to someone KW is calling out for bring down the integrity of the White Sox. LOL. With the dysfunctional environment around the team, which starts at the top by the obvious lack of cohesiveness between KW and Ozzie, you have a recipe for disaster.

yep.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
Beckham's hitting .313 his last 10 games. I saw some rips in the gamethread by a few people. I suppose he's supposed to hit .400 with 50 homers or he's a bust.

Apparently so. I think we have been so centered on the bad we fail to see the life that is starting to show in some of the slow performers

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
Apparently so. I think we have been so centered on the bad we fail to see the life that is starting to show in some of the slow performers

But it's really all just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Sure, Pierre, AJ and Beckham have been playing better recently. Same with Chris Sale.

But, Quentin hasn't hit a homer since June 8th, Morel is on the verge of being sent back to AAA, we've lost Castro, Rios has basically shown no reasons to have hope for improvement (he's actually regressing on a weekly basis defensively, which was the one area you used to be able to count on him)....and Peavy might never throw a fastball over 90 MPH for the rest of the season (hopefully, just "dead arm" or scar tissue).

And Sergio has become very inconsistent/erratic in the last 6 weeks. Of course, that's expected for someone with his level of experience...and he does seem to have righted the ship enough to the point where it's clear he is THE closer and not part of any committee.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)

I had no idea Becks had been hitting.

I've watched an awful lot of games lately and I thought he was as dead as everybody else in the lineup.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
It could be worse. Just look 8 miles north.

But I agree, changes must be made.

Who would want to mange that team? They lead the league in all sports for all ages in immaturity.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
I had no idea Becks had been hitting.

I've watched an awful lot of games lately and I thought he was as dead as everybody else in the lineup.

You had no idea because cherry-picking sucks. Get back to me when Gordon gets his average up to .275.