Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
Also, someone tell me why I should sell the farm for an OF that has 1000 PA, mediocre power, run production, batting average, etc. that also is a below average fielder according to UZR?

Yeah, toronto really sold the farm.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
one person mentions colby rasmus and all of the sudden the entire board, most which had little to no idea who Rasmus even WAS goes apes***, lol

group think mob mentality here at Soxtalk

I agree people are overvaluing Rasmus here, but I think it shows how little of value KW got for Jackson.

He got nothing but salary relief for an earlier mistake, when he could have had a player with high potential that could have at least been easily moved. I am shocked so many are alright with this. I feel like the team took a step in the wrong direction and the same reactionary person may cause more damage soon.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
Jays fans are probably pretty excited about getting Rasmus. However this will certainly die back down when they realize they have zero shot at winning their division or even making the playoffs any time soon.

I know the feeling.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
Wouldn't be so sure about that one. One more playoff team is added next season. And serious talks about the removal of divisions and possible realignment, mean good news for Jays. That bodes well for Sox too as they dont have to face the Central as much.

So speculating that an entire realign doesnt happen, they are still not making the playoffs. Better record than us this year and 13 games back in 4th place.

QUOTE (shakes @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
I agree people are overvaluing Rasmus here, but I think it shows how little of value KW got for Jackson.

He got nothing but salary relief for an earlier mistake, when he could have had a player with high potential that could have at least been easily moved. I am shocked so many are alright with this. I feel like the team took a step in the wrong direction and the same reactionary person may cause more damage soon.

I like the deal cause it gets Teahen off the books, but like you said, it's all reactionary to make up for previous transactions that didn't work out.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Also, someone tell me why I should sell the farm for an OF that has 1000 PA, mediocre power, run production, batting average, etc. that also is a below average fielder according to UZR?

Toronto pretty clearly gave up spare parts. Good spare parts, but nothing critical.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
one person mentions colby rasmus and all of the sudden the entire board, most which had little to no idea who Rasmus even WAS goes apes***, lol

Does that include you??

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)

But you did, no doubt.

Lol

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)

you will understand in two years

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)

Because white sox management and fans don't know what a legit prospect looks like.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Jays fans are probably pretty excited about getting Rasmus. However this will certainly die back down when they realize they have zero shot at winning their division or even making the playoffs any time soon.

Please. Tampa has won two of the last three division titles in that same division. Toronto is coming. They have the best GM in baseball and a WAVE of talent on the horizon.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Wow, I take it back. I was reading something else. I thought Asher Wojciechowski was involved. As that is what I read at a Blue Jays site. Yeah, we dropped the ball here. I'm f***ing shocked. I'm taking a break from this team.

Feel free to adopt my signature.

This is a crock of s***. Where are you badger? I thought Viciedo had to be included? Jackson, Thornton, and Reed and this gets done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
Feel free to adopt my signature.

This is a crock of s***. Where are you badger? I thought Viciedo had to be included? Jackson, Thornton, and Reed and this gets done.

Clearing Teahen's contract was more important than acquiring talent.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
So Toronto got Rasmus for Frasor, Stewart, Patterson, Dotel and Rzepczynski

Hell of a deal by AA

And a s*** ton of money, which was the major part of our deal, whether people like it or not. $$$$$$$$