Penn State horror story

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nike to remove Joe Paterno's fame from the child care center at their HQ:

Nike CEO Mark Parker:

I have been deeply saddened by the news coming out of this investigation at Penn State. It is a terrible tragedy that children were unprotected from such abhorrent crimes. With the findings released today, I have decided to change the name of our child care center at our World Headquarters. My thoughts are with the victims and the Penn State community.

Phil Knight:

According to the investigation, it appears Joe made missteps that led to heartbreaking consequences. I missed that Joe missed it, and I am extremely saddened on this day. My love for Joe and his family remains.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
Well, Matt Millen IS an honorary board member of The Second Mile...which leads me to believe he was one of the men who made one of those "mistakes."

Denial dies hard.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)

I could care less what the Paterno family has to say.........................It is the victims that need to be cared about.

Millen and Franco will NEVER say a bad word about Joe Pa............If it would of been there family different story.

Paterno's legacy is and should be in the f***ing trash!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Seems like if there was ever a case of lack of institutional control over a football program this would be it. If Tressell in essence losses his job over tattoos, the Penn State program should go the way of SMU.

This case makes it seem like that statement gives "lack of institutional control" a bad name. I mean, a janitor caught an old man having oral sex with a kid, took it to his supervisor, and they agreed that even though taking it to law enforcement was what they should do, if they did so they'd be the ones who would be punished.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
This case makes it seem like that statement gives "lack of institutional control" a bad name. I mean, a janitor caught an old man having oral sex with a kid, took it to his supervisor, and they agreed that even though taking it to law enforcement was what they should do, if they did so they'd be the ones who would be punished.

Exactly, the football program should be shut down.

Jay Paterno on ESPN now basically defending Joe Pa's actions and this is no legal document just a piece of the puzzle and is only a opinion, he needs sworn testimony................Time to defend Joe Pa is over Jay!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
Give Penn State the death penalty.

I love how some in the media want the NCAA to keep its nose out of this but they look for blood when a recruit takes some money from a booster.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
I love how some in the media want the NCAA to keep its nose out of this but they look for blood when a recruit takes some money from a booster.

One difference here is that if the NCAA got involved now or over the last few months, it could have impacted both the civil and criminal cases pending from this mess, because they'd have to be conducting another parallel investigation.

The investigations here aren't even done yet. This report makes it seem very clear that the other guy, Spanier, who hasn't yet been charged with obstruction/failing to report, only has a matter of time before something is returned against him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
Literally. The entire campus.

I've worked on summoning that meteor. It takes a lot of work.

Plus, I asked the Gods for a whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing, they said it's too much now with Twitter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
I've worked on summoning that meteor. It takes a lot of work.

Plus, I asked the Gods for a whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing, they said it's too much now with Twitter.

No one ever asks the guy who works on meteorites...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
I'm baffled that Paterno still has apologists. What the f*** else do you need, photographic evidence and voice recordings of him being involved in the cover-up? The emperor has no clothes.

And that is how this all got started... (too soon?)

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
Would be nice to see the BIG take a stand and give them the boot, but I give that about a 0.0001% chance of actually happening.

I understand they have to wait on the legal cases to work their way through...but I can't fathom how the NCAA could take no action in response to this.