Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
nope, Reinsdorf is too big of a f***ing idiot for it to happen. Kenny's probably thinking to himself "LOL, I can't believe I still have a job. Hahahahahahah!"

Not what I meant.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
you seriously just ignored the numbers there didn't you... wtf??

Quoting career numbers makes no sense at all.

This graph shows a different story: http://www.fangraphs.com/graphsw.aspx?play...1,8001&wg=3

Hanley falling off a cliff after an early peak, Tulo sustaining three consecutive seasons at roughly 6 wins.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Quoting career numbers makes no sense at all.

This graph shows a different story: http://www.fangraphs.com/graphsw.aspx?play...1,8001&wg=3

Hanley falling off a cliff after an early peak, Tulo sustaining three consecutive seasons at roughly 6 wins.

So tulo's allowed a bad season and dip, and Hanley isn't?

at the same age - 24-26

Tulo WAR 18.5

Hanley WAR 19.5

To say Tulo is clearly the better player is just incorrect... I'm sure Hanley's gonna bounce back in a big way this year. We can revisit it then. lol

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
So tulo's allowed a bad season and dip, and Hanley isn't?

at the same age - 24-26

Tulo WAR 18.5

Hanley WAR 19.5

To say Tulo is clearly the better player is just incorrect... I'm sure Hanley's gonna bounce back in a big way this year. We can revisit it then. lol

No, I'm saying that what happened 3 or 4 years ago isn't what's happening now. You could argue that Hanley has had a better career overall, but not that Hanley is, right now, the better player. If you went off of career cumulative WAR, you could argue that Vladimir Guerrero should be in way more demand than Prince Fielder.

This is sad LOL

Date: Team: Pos:

Brent Lillibridge - OF - White Sox

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the White Sox player drawing the most trade interest from other teams has been Brent Lillibridge.

The Sox were supposed to be one of the most active teams at the Winter Meetings, but the only move they've made to this point has been to trade Sergio Santos. They've put John Danks, Gavin Floyd and Carlos Quentin on the block, but so far nothing has been close to materializing. Lillibridge was a nice utility player for the Sox in 2011 but wouldn't bring back much in a trade.

Source: FOXSports.com Dec 7 - 5:25 PM

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
No, I'm saying that what happened 3 or 4 years ago isn't what's happening now. You could argue that Hanley has had a better career overall, but not that Hanley is, right now, the better player. If you went off of career cumulative WAR, you could argue that Vladimir Guerrero should be in way more demand than Prince Fielder.

vlad isn't 26 and 27 like tulo and hanley respectively... you can't say that hanley's last season is indicative of hanley next year either! it's called an outlier, and they happen. If I recall PK has had a few of those. Does that mean he's not a good player?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
vlad isn't 26 and 27 like tulo and hanley respectively... you can't say that hanley's last season is indicative of hanley next year either! it's called an outlier, and they happen. If I recall PK has had a few of those. Does that mean he's not a good player?

Tulo has been significantly better for the past two seasons, Hanley has been trending downward for three. Numbers from four years ago don't have much predictive value.