2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
This thread is an abomination. Almost always has been. I believe it has traveled so far down the rabbit hole that there is no turning back.

I suggest to those of you who you detest this thread to venture out elsewhere for your NBA discussions, essentially nothing can be learned here, let alone trying to expand your mind.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Rowands matter of opinion.

Southsider2k4 being a douchebag for the sake of being a douchebag.

How are these things allowed? So we allow admins and mods to insult, while on the otherhand the site instructs others to do something else entirely different? Seems rather shady if you ask me.

I imagine an admin or mod should keep their dicks between their legs at just about all times, unless if they are settling a disagreement between two (or a group of) others.

Truly, what a great person to keep this place in line, slings out the insults at the same rate as those who get suspended and eventually banned, but it is just glanced over.

Things have to get shook up around at the top... I am certain of it. It's been too stagnant for years now, and the camaraderie at this point is vomit inducing.

It's a shame Jason is not around as much, but really, can you blame him?

^ gets it

:notworthy :headbang

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Right. Because it was a serious insult. It was a joke. Get over yourself.

This much i seriously doubt. You throw snide insult at him, after snide insult, which is breezed past like nothing ever transpired. But anything on the internet can be played off as a joke, which is a common follow-up line to an insult. You hate j4l, there is no hiding it, the least you could do is man up to it.

To say otherwise would be a bold face lie.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 05:59 PM)
This much i seriously doubt. You throw snide insult at him, after snide insult, which is breezed past like nothing ever transpired. But anything on the internet can be played off as a joke, which is a common follow-up line to an insult. You hate j4l, there is no hiding it, the least you could do is man up to it.

To say otherwise would be a bold face lie.

Hate the guy, no. Think he is the greatest poster ever, no. And if you really want to play the "insults mean you hate someone" in this thread card, your reading is extremely selective, at best.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
Words cannot express how sad it makes me to find out you didn't laugh at my post :(

I... I don't think I'll ever be the same :crying

For someone who openly hate this thread you certainly click on iit enough.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)

I think this thread sucks, too. But it's like crack. You cant help but post. I'm not the sensitive type. Just in this thread alone - I've been called a hater, idiot, troll, retarded (you and sleepy, the latter just comes out of nowhere), not a real Bulls fan, etc, etc, etc. Even southside teacher said something smart. I don't even know who the hell that is. But that was let go. Who cares! But when I said phil Rogers was retarded last year? OH MY GOD! I'm sorry. If it looks like Jennifer Hudson and smells like Jennifer Hudson ("I was stwrong without weight watchers - but i'm stwronger with it"), then it probably is jennifer hudson. I get singled out and it's ridiculous.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
I think this thread sucks, too. But it's like crack. You cant help but post. I'm not the sensitive type. Just in this thread alone - I've been called a hater, idiot, troll, retarded (you and sleepy, the latter just comes out of nowhere), not a real Bulls fan, etc, etc, etc. Even southside teacher said something smart. I don't even know who the hell that is. But that was let go. Who cares! But when I said phil Rogers was retarded last year? OH MY GOD! I'm sorry. If it looks like Jennifer Hudson and smells like Jennifer Hudson ("I was stwrong without weight watchers - but i'm stwronger with it"), then it probably is jennifer hudson. I get singled out and it's ridiculous.

The bolded made me laugh.

But despite this, you realize your opinion is invalid because the Knicks suck, right?

I actually really like this thread. It tends to go off topic quite a bit, but some of the topics are interesting (like the Jordan in today's era thing). I feel bad for posters like Felix and J4L because they voice their opinions pretty strongly and those opinions aren't popular around here.

I think a problem with J4L is that he doesn't back up his opinions (some of which are already really hard to believe) with concrete evidence. Felix does a pretty good job with that usually.

By the way, as someone who lurks for the most part (and have been doing so for many years), I think it was clear as day that posters are just joking around with J4L. I don't think SS2k5s post was malicious at all.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
I actually really like this thread. It tends to go off topic quite a bit, but some of the topics are interesting (like the Jordan in today's era thing). I feel bad for posters like Felix and J4L because they voice their opinions pretty strongly and those opinions aren't popular around here.

I think a problem with J4L is that he doesn't back up his opinions (some of which are already really hard to believe) with concrete evidence. Felix does a pretty good job with that usually.

By the way, as someone who lurks for the most part (and have been doing so for many years), I think it was clear as day that posters are just joking around with J4L. I don't think SS2k5s post was malicious at all.

Some people don't like J4L because he likes talking in absolutes and has an unpopular opinion. And Felix...well he just trolls for entertainment. :P

I vote the Bulls do this in the draft:

Take Fab Melo or LeBryan Nash with first rounder. Trade a future pick for a PG like Myck Kabongo or Tyshawn Taylor. Buy 2nd rounder and draft Denmon. That leaves you with...

Rose - CJ - Taylor

Hamilton - Brewer - Denmon

Deng - Kover - Butler

Boozer - Gibson - Scalabrine (eventually, Mirotic)

Noah - Asik - Melo

That way you groom the next bench mob together in practices.

Someone who gets it^

Some of you take this way too serious, it's a goofy internet messege forum for f***'s sake, don't like it, move on, don't complain about how this thread sucks and keep reading/posting, wtf is that?

I hate/hated Sex in the City, therefore I avoid watching it, common sense...

I like this thread because it's unpredictable, funny and interesting...I'm not a hypocrite. And sometimes, very rarely, lol, you learn something new.

/rant

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Some people don't like J4L because he likes talking in absolutes and has an unpopular opinion. And Felix...well he just trolls for entertainment. :P

My problem with Felix is that he isn't consistent, he took a crap on Rose last year for being inefficient (Bulls kept winning), yet not a peep on Rubio's horrendous shooting (like we're not gonna notice)...but anyway, it's his opinion and he's entitled to one.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
My problem with Felix is that he isn't consistent, he took a crap on Rose last year for being inefficient (Bulls kept winning), yet not a peep on Rubio's horrendous shooting (like we're not gonna notice)...but anyway, it's his opinion and he's entitled to one.

It's pretty obvious you haven't read any posts of mine about Rubio.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)

I'm working on it. There are better places to actually talk basketball, as opposed to just the Bulls. I'm slowly weaning myself off of this s***hole.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)

I'm working on it. There are better places to actually talk basketball, as opposed to just the Bulls. I'm slowly weaning myself off of this s***hole.

I'm gonna really miss those KLove updates.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)

I recommend the RealGM T-Wolves board. I frequent RealGM from time to time and it's enjoyable.

Just don't leave altogether.

The NBA thread is SERIOUS BUSINESS guys. Qwerty just pulled one of the best Chernobyl impressions you'll see and J4L is drunker on the hooch than I am high on Vicodin.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)

I said you say things that are "retarded" and that wasn't even in this thread. I only speak with such brevity towards you because I thought we were boys.

Anyway, back to this subject. It's the NBA thread. People get called out for saying stupid things. SS2k got slaughtered for his moronic D-Wade/Jordan post. I still catch hell for my stance on LeBron from 2010, and the case against my opinion of Carmelo Anthony is growing every day as he's not stepping up like I declared he would.

You just tend to catch a lot of hell because, well, you say a lot of stupid s***. :lol:

Edited by Steve9347

This x10.

I, at least, joke with J4L because I thought he could take it. Apparently, it's starting to wear on him. When he posts in such absolutes though, he's inviting attention.

Again, let me go the soxbadger route:

One, what do you mean back up my opinions? I made a half-ass prediction that the Knicks had a case as second best team in the conference. Melo for the full year. Chandler and Shumpert, along with Woodson as a defensive coach. I can't give you numbers. Because they hadn't played yet. The Heat? I've more than presented my case there. I gave you the numbers . But forget about numbers. Would you trade the Bulls roster for the Heat roster? That's the end of that. Or it should be.

Two, people hate me because I talk in absolutes? Really? I said the Heat were the best team in the conference and I think they're the best team now. I said why. Nobody can come up with a case why they're not outside of, well, if you're a true Bulls, you wouldn't say that. I never said the Bulls beating the Heat would be the biggest upset in sports history. Just that it's not likely. OMG you're not a fan.

Three, f*** all that joking s***. I'm cool with joking. As long as you're fair. I was joking in the WNBA thread and got suspended for 10 days for making fun of wnba players. I joke a lot and my posts get erased by knight for whatever reason(s). Elrockin, oh my goodness, but let me not go there. That's fine. Blind homerism that makes no sense is OK. I say something that the masses don't agree with? You're retarded like deAndre Jordan? Or whatever he said. Just call it the same for everybody. Not just me because I sport unpopular opinions.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
I said you say things that are "retarded" and that wasn't even in this thread. I only speak with such brevity towards you because I thought we were boys.

Anyway, back to this subject. It's the NBA thread. People get called out for saying stupid things. SS2k got slaughtered for his moronic D-Wade/Jordan post. I still catch hell for my stance on LeBron from 2010, and the case against my opinion of Carmelo Anthony is growing every day as he's not stepping up like I declared he would.

You just tend to catch a lot of hell because, well, you say a lot of stupid s***. :lol:

My memory is uncanny. I'm not talking about the post from a couple days ago. There was one from a while back, you claimed you were drunk, that you said I was basketball retarded for saying the Knicks were good. I didn't say s*** because I didn't care. But I want the same freedom when I disagree with somebody.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
My memory is uncanny. I'm not talking about the post from a couple days ago. There was one from a while back, you claimed you were drunk, that you said I was basketball retarded for saying the Knicks were good. I didn't say s*** because I didn't care. But I want the same freedom when I disagree with somebody.

Well for that I apologize. I'd like to point out I would never delete a post of yours, even though I can't anyway. I, too, have received some suspensions in my day.

I wouldn't trade the Bulls roster for the Heat roster, but that's because I'm a homer and likely jaded and retarded myself.

Jesuschristonpolarbear.

Are we still arguing this?

J4L says bold s***. He thinks the grass is always greener.

But rarely do I see him go after people like people go after him.

"I've decided you're basketball retarded. I shall now call you deandrejordan4life"

"I doubt you're a real bulls fan"

etc.

He says his opinions like the rest of us. We disagree. But instead of providing counters, we wag our fingers and go "NUH UH. YOU'RE STUPID."

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but dude is pessimistic about his own teams. Maybe that's just how he's gonna be a fan, ok? We don't need to rag on him non-stop for his opinions. We still mock the Knicks thing, but SS2k5's Jordan = Wade with better dunking and athleticism thing is long forgotten because we generally agree with him.

So can we all just start a new slate and stop attacking each other like we got the bubonic plauge mixed with the West Nile virus and the swine flu?

Wow this is ridiculous, the guy almost goes out of his way to say things that will draw criticism and now is going on how he is treated unfairly and nobody else is attacked for things they post. Everyone that watches any of the NBA knows Howard >>>> Deng and it's not even up for debate. When SS2k5 posted the things about Jordan everyone called him an idiot and he handled it very poorly, probably to the point that like you said most don't even care what he says in this thread. Steve/Felix are usually taking as much heat as you and if you cant handle it go cry to your parents or someone who cares.