PENN STATE SCANDAL

Texsox

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend told me that she met Joe Paterno. According to her, she lived near Paterno but only met him once and he appeared drunk at the time. Their pet gerbil was apparently attacked viciously by him on his property. The husband says he came out of his house searching for the rodent when he heard a pop and ran towards it. He then saw the frightened animal running towards him with Paterno in tow with a BB gun, at which point Joe Paterno fired another pellet into the husband's general vicinity. He promptly hurried the gerbil to the veterinarian. My neighbor then confronted St. Joe Pa to question whether or not he had shot the animal. He responded "yes" and immediately bit the head off of a canary, presented a sinister smile, and delivered a pre-teen boy to the lair of Jerry Sandusky.

I can't vouch for any of this, though. It's just what she said happened. But I'll tell you one thing. I fully believe it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
My friend told me that she met Joe Paterno. According to her, she lived near Paterno but only met him once and he appeared drunk at the time. Their pet gerbil was apparently attacked viciously by him on his property. The husband says he came out of his house searching for the rodent when he heard a pop and ran towards it. He then saw the frightened animal running towards him with Paterno in tow with a BB gun, at which point Joe Paterno fired another pellet into the husband's general vicinity. He promptly hurried the gerbil to the veterinarian. My neighbor then confronted St. Joe Pa to question whether or not he had shot the animal. He responded "yes" and immediately bit the head off of a canary, presented a sinister smile, and delivered a pre-teen boy to the lair of Jerry Sandusky.

I can't vouch for any of this, though. It's just what she said happened. But I'll tell you one thing. I fully believe it.

Then JoePa showed up at a town meeting and offered 2 free PSU football tickets to whoever could guess how many boys he had delivered to Sandusky's lair. However, everyone guessed fewer than the actual amount, so JoePa reneged and didn't give any tickets away.

• 4 years later...

I wonder if we have actually made any reforms which are better at protecting children today from predators, or if in 30 years, the then-adult victims will break our hearts again that we left them so vulnerable and trusted and revered the predators.

Jesus, this thread started over 4 years ago. I'm old.

Also f*** Paterno. His name should be wiped off the record books.

edit: It's still unfathomable to me that Paterno could just turn a blind eye. He's a father of 5 kids himself!

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 6, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Jesus, this thread started over 4 years ago. I'm old.

Also f*** Paterno. His name should be wiped off the record books.

edit: It's still unfathomable to me that Paterno could just turn a blind eye. He's a father of 5 kids himself!

The mighty program trumped common sense

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
Now a past victim says he told Paterno, who told him to drop the accusation. Your move, State College, still want the statue back?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-san...linkId=24234146

They are all in denial. It doesn't matter what evidence is revealed

This type of stuff just makes me hate college football. The crimes of Sandusky and the criminal negligence of the men around him is atrocious.

Second to that, what disturbs me is the fact that this could happen anywhere in college football culture. The blind hero worship of the rampant college football fanbases across the country are the perfect opportunity for these kinds of things to happen.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ May 6, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
This type of stuff just makes me hate college football. The crimes of Sandusky and the criminal negligence of the men around him is atrocious.

Second to that, what disturbs me is the fact that this could happen anywhere in college football culture. The blind hero worship of the rampant college football fanbases across the country are the perfect opportunity for these kinds of things to happen.

Child molesters are everywhere. This is no reason to hate college football because ONE time, some sick f*** decided to make a life out of it while every single one of his peers turned a blind eye

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 8, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Child molesters are everywhere. This is no reason to hate college football because ONE time, some sick f*** decided to make a life out of it while every single one of his peers turned a blind eye

The fanaticism around that school allowed child rape to continue unchecked. Now victims are being persecuted for their claims and being endlessly blamed. JoeBots have destroyed Penn State.

No that's extreme, but institutions like college sports and the Catholic Church did provide easier environments for predators-places where males ran the show with a lot of support and little accountability from a large base. Hopefully both are past that now.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ May 9, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
The fanaticism around that school allowed child rape to continue unchecked. Now victims are being persecuted for their claims and being endlessly blamed. JoeBots have destroyed Penn State.

Have you ever been there? Its more a product of it being a super isolated area populated by hillbillies.