White Sox vs Iowa 6.19 Official Game Thread

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Hudson barely got him at 2nd. That was really really close.

That one was actually a good, ballsy play -- had the potential to save us a run (or cost us one if it didn't work)

So who plays third if not Hudson? We could call Renteria in like we originally planned, but this stuff will get embarrassing for the organization if we keep bringing in players off the street. More embarrassing than an erratic, light hitting 3B. I actually think the best option I've heard yet is Mark Teahen...I just don't think Kenny is willing to make the same mistake twice

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
No, hes trying to go inside on him. Only Colby Rasmus would think otherwise.

Haha yeah, I was poking fun at how discrete he was about that.

End of inning on a fly ball, I looked up when he hit that because I heard cheering right when the ball left the bat. Definitely some Cubs fans in attendance.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
That one was actually a good, ballsy play -- had the potential to save us a run (or cost us one if it didn't work)

So who plays third if not Hudson? We could call Renteria in like we originally planned, but this stuff will get embarrassing for the organization if we keep bringing in players off the street. More embarrassing than an erratic, light hitting 3B. I actually think the best option I've heard yet is Mark Teahen...I just don't think Kenny is willing to make the same mistake twice

I'm fine with trying something other than Hudson at this point.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)

Your defense of certain players just keeps coming no matter what they do.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Your defense of certain players just keeps coming no matter what they do.

/ignores my request that we bring in Mark Teahen of all people to replace him

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
/ignores my request that we bring in Mark Teahen of all people to replace him

Yeah because we've been down that path. Unless you like doing things a 2nd time around when they dont work the 1st time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
Amazing. First place, and I still wouldn't be surprised if this team got gutted 5-6 weeks from now. They better get winning again, or this season will be ovah.

As far as Im aware...the season isnt over until the end of the last game.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Yeah because we've been down that path. Unless you like doing things a 2nd time around when they dont work the 1st time.

I'm sure there are other former league average-type 3B at people's AAA affiliates, that's just the only one I've heard floating around. Take your pick of the lot. I think even Josh Fields is having a nice AAA season, lol