2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
Seriously, do you know how recruiting works? In order to recruit the player to your team, you have to have a good team, you would want to play with the player being recruited, and most important of all, you have to have a relationship with the player. NBA players aren't stupid, the Bulls were a great team with good potential on paper, Lebron knows that, Rose didn't have to sell the team to Lebron or Bosh, and he never said he didn't want to play with those players. The only reason Lebron went to Miami is his relationship with D Wade. If Lebron wasn't drafted in the same year as Wade and they weren't buddies off the court, there is no way he would have picked Miami over Chicago, all things remain equal. Not to mention like Balta said, they publicly admitted the decision to play together was toyed around during the 2008 Olympics. Rose didn't have a relationship with Lebron, and it's not in his nature to go out and make friends easily, you can't blame him for not doing so either.

If his buddies Kevin Love and Tyreke Evans hits the free agent market, and if the FO wants those players, I wouldn't be surprised if Rose calls them up and ask them to come play in Chicago.

He's not blaming him for not doing it. His blaming his family for calling the FO out when he's done nothing to help.

Seriously he couldn't even send a f***ing text to Lebron

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
He's not blaming him for not doing it. His blaming his family for calling the FO out when he's done nothing to help.

Seriously he couldn't even send a f***ing text to Lebron

Step back and take a look, does the front office get away with being blame for not making moves just because Rose didn't send one single text in a situation that has already been pre-decided? I don't think so. I am not saying Reggie should have come out and said something about the FO, but it is what it is. There were opportunities to make a move before the trade deadline, and Bulls stayed put, with realization that this team is not going to compete with the Heat even if Rose comes back.

Keep in mind that everyone thought the Bulls would struggle to make the playoffs without Rose prior to the season, that's why the FO opt to replace the key losses in FA with mediocre players, and possibly "throwing the season away." But until a few weeks ago, they were the 3rd seed and were 10 games above .500. They actually had a chance to compete if Rose comes back if they trade for let's say Reddick and another backup big men, but they chose to stay put just so they could avoid going further into luxury tax, once again, waiving the white flag.

Let's be real here, the Bulls FO lacks any kind of imagination. They had the ping pong ball fell their way in a 1.9% chance miracle, and they are finally relevant again. You can't say Reggie Rose can't say anything about the organization just because Rose didn't send a text in a situation that didn't matter. And it is the FO's responsibility to put together a team. The FO should definitely take blame for not doing anything to put us over the top.

On a bright side, this puts more pressure on the FO in the off season to make some moves, knowing that Rose and has limits in his patience and they can't take his loyalty for granted. Just look at how active the Cavs were in Lebron's final two seasons in Cleveland knowing that he might walk away after his contract is over.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
This is the most down I've been on the bulls since pre-rose. And it all started with rose and his family being a bunch of b****es.

So it's not due to the fact that the Bulls were playing their toughest schedule of the season and injury bug has finally caught up to them? One comment from Rose's brother and the Bulls lost to the Cavs. Ok.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
Step back and take a look, does the front office get away with being blame for not making moves just because Rose didn't send one single text in a situation that has already been pre-decided? I don't think so. I am not saying Reggie should have come out and said something about the FO, but it is what it is. There were opportunities to make a move before the trade deadline, and Bulls stayed put, with realization that this team is not going to compete with the Heat even if Rose comes back.

Keep in mind that everyone thought the Bulls would struggle to make the playoffs without Rose prior to the season, that's why the FO opt to replace the key losses in FA with mediocre players, and possibly "throwing the season away." But until a few weeks ago, they were the 3rd seed and were 10 games above .500. They actually had a chance to compete if Rose comes back if they trade for let's say Reddick and another backup big men, but they chose to stay put just so they could avoid going further into luxury tax, once again, waiving the white flag.

Let's be real here, the Bulls FO lacks any kind of imagination. They had the ping pong ball fell their way in a 1.9% chance miracle, and they are finally relevant again. You can't say Reggie Rose can't say anything about the organization just because Rose didn't send a text in a situation that didn't matter. And it is the FO's responsibility to put together a team. The FO should definitely take blame for not doing anything to put us over the top.

On a bright side, this puts more pressure on the FO in the off season to make some moves, knowing that Rose and has limits in his patience and they can't take his loyalty for granted. Just look at how active the Cavs were in Lebron's final two seasons in Cleveland knowing that he might walk away after his contract is over.

This.

Since we're rehashing, reports out of Cleveland were that the Bulls, by far, made the worst pitch to LeBron. They basically challenged him to be better than MJ, and only had two old white guys in the room.

Now, onto Rose. Are people really starting to hate on the kid? I'm frustrated that he's not back yet, more than anyone who doesn't have stock in the organization. I thought he'd be back a month ago.

That being said, he's clearly wanting to come back without limits and to dominate, and I'm ok with that. Maybe we'll see him tomorrow, maybe we'll see him in two weeks, maybe next season, but when D-Rose gets back he'll remind you all of why he won an MVP award.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Since we're rehashing, reports out of Cleveland were that the Bulls, by far, made the worst pitch to LeBron. They basically challenged him to be better than MJ, and only had two old white guys in the room.

The Bulls also made it clear that they weren't going to baby him, that he was going to have to work just as hard as anyone else on the roster.

I just don't want a team with a bickering superstar and FO, with the star claiming innocence while having his "people" make all the public comments ripping the team. Then have that FO panic and make a bunch of stupid moves in a failed attempt to please the spoiled-child superstar.

I don't recall that working out too well for the Magic or Cavs.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
I just don't want a team with a bickering superstar and FO, with the star claiming innocence while having his "people" make all the public comments ripping the team. Then have that FO panic and make a bunch of stupid moves in a failed attempt to please the spoiled-child superstar.

No, but both of those teams had a very short window to work within that caused the panic and short sightedness. The Cavs and Magic both made the Finals before they started throwing money at every name possible, and then when their stars started getting closer to free agency, the wheels came off and the Hedo Turkoglus and Antawn Jamisons and Big Baby trades started flowing in. The Bulls need to be creative, but they have quite a while to be creative and appease Derrick, he is signed and isnt going anywhere any time soon.

But goddamnit, it is time for the front office to show some balls and stop being afraid of the luxury tax. I am glad that Derrick is unhappy with status quo.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)
No, but both of those teams had a very short window to work within that caused the panic and short sightedness. The Cavs and Magic both made the Finals before they started throwing money at every name possible, and then when their stars started getting closer to free agency, the wheels came off and the Hedo Turkoglus and Antawn Jamisons and Big Baby trades started flowing in. The Bulls need to be creative, but they have quite a while to be creative and appease Derrick, he is signed and isnt going anywhere any time soon.

But goddamnit, it is time for the front office to show some balls and stop being afraid of the luxury tax. I am glad that Derrick is unhappy with status quo.

Sadly, the Bulls are paying the luxury tax this year, you just wouldn't know it given the players they are paying it to (see Rip Hamilton!)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)

It worked for Kobe...but then again, it was the Lakers.

But yeah, it usually doesn't lead to good things.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
This isn't "f*** the luxury tax I'm going for the throat"

This is "aw shoot, I'm a little bit over and paying the luxury tax"

But there was very little they could do since they are already over the cap. Especially with Rose a total question mark for this season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
But there was very little they could do since they are already over the cap. Especially with Rose a total question mark for this season.

Basically, if they didn't want to pay the luxury tax, they had to not sign Hinrich. When they signed him, it made it nearly impossible to avoid.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
It worked for Kobe...but then again, it was the Lakers.

But yeah, it usually doesn't lead to good things.

It actually didn't work for Kobe...what worked for Kobe was whatever back-room deal landed them Gasol for nothing. Without that he would have just been losing with Odom and Luke Walton for the last few years

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)

I don't remember those stars complaining this early though, with even less success than the Bulls have had thus far during the Rose era. They were a couple not-s***ting-the-bed games away from the Finals a couple years ago and then a blown out ACL ruined the last 2 years since.

I don't see the need for him to be b****ing already. Especially b****ing about the Bulls not making any moves during a year that he might sit out. If I'm him I would have been mad the Bulls didn't cut as much salary and tank this season hoping for a Robinson/Duncan type situation.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
What is the reason for Bulls recent struggles? Has Thibs ran the team to the wall? Didn't the exact same thing happened last year?

You can only get by on smoke and mirrors for so long. On a night by night basis, there are very few nights where the Bulls have the most talented team on the floor at any one time. They out play teams most nights, but it isn't going to help if the other team plays hard and is better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
You can only get by on smoke and mirrors for so long. On a night by night basis, there are very few nights where the Bulls have the most talented team on the floor at any one time. They out play teams most nights, but it isn't going to help if the other team plays hard and is better.

Missing Hinrich for much of it, as well as other people (Noah's foot, now Taj's ankle) is really taking its toll as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
Missing Hinrich for much of it, as well as other people (Noah's foot, now Taj's ankle) is really taking its toll as well.

You have to expect injuries from certain guys on the Bulls. Noah doesn't play full seasons. Deng probably should be expected sometime as well.