2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Does anyone think that maybe Rose is listening to his agent/brother and trying to get the fans/Bulls to run him out of town because they believe he can't win a championship here? He's still getting paid anyway while he doesn't play and maybe his inner circle is saying that this is the best way to get out of town and into a situation where they can build around him, and not to take a physical beating for what they believe to be no reason? With all of the backlash that LeBron got for leaving his "hometown" on his own nationally, maybe this is a more strategic approach for his camp to get him out of Chicago and to a team that they believe to have more building blocks? I hate to be the conspiracy theorist but if this is what he is doing, I wish he would just ask for a trade already. I think we'll see that if he doesn't come back at the beginning of next season or maybe this summer. I am basing this on Reggie Rose's comments a couple months ago that I heard reported on the Score, where he said that there is no reason for Derrick Rose to come back if there is no chance for him to win a championship, and he believes that Miami is too good right now for anyone to beat them.

What size tin foil hat do you wear?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
What size tin foil hat do you wear?

None, I don't believe in aliens. I think that however unlikely that may be, it needs to be discussed. I threw that out there to garner a discussion rather than my actual beliefs on the subject. OTOH, Derrick Rose does take a physical beating with his playing style, maybe his inner circle doesn't want him to play right now because they don't want him to get hurt again, and he'll be back next season. However, did anyone think in the summer of 2010 that LeBron, Wade and Bosh, who the whole league cleared cap space to have a chance to sign, had conspired to go to the same team??? I think after that you can't put anything past anyone in the NBA.

Edited by Elgin Slim

Only LeBron can pull off the kind of thing he pulled off. Derrick isn't that good. He's great, but he isn't so good that the only way not to win titles is to put absolutely horrible teams around him. If you flipped LeBron and Derrick on this team, the Bulls are the ones winning 20+ games in a row. If you want to see a comparable situation to the one he'd have if Derrick tried to push his way out, see Dwight Howard.

EDIT: Also, it makes no sense why he would have suddenly realized how "bad" his team just months after signing that extension, which renders him without bargaining room

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
EDIT: Also, it makes no sense why he would have suddenly realized how "bad" his team just months after signing that extension, which renders him without bargaining room

People have said the same thing about KLove in Minnesota.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
Only LeBron can pull off the kind of thing he pulled off. Derrick isn't that good. He's great, but he isn't so good that the only way not to win titles is to put absolutely horrible teams around him. If you flipped LeBron and Derrick on this team, the Bulls are the ones winning 20+ games in a row. If you want to see a comparable situation to the one he'd have if Derrick tried to push his way out, see Dwight Howard.

Maybe seeing his team play without him made him realize how "bad" the team is. I think that the Howard situation is just the beginning. These guys think their s*** doesn't stink, which is part of what makes them so good. They see LeBron and what he did and say, "I can do that too." Though Howard got lots of flak for what he did, it is going to take a huge backlash from the fans for these guys to realize that that is a bad idea. Carmelo did it, LeBron did it, Howard did it, they all got flak but in the end they ended up at THEIR CHOICE OF TEAM with better talent than what they had around them at their first team. Whether it works chemistry wise or not is a different story.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
Maybe seeing his team play without him made him realize how "bad" the team is. I think that the Howard situation is just the beginning. These guys think their s*** doesn't stink, which is part of what makes them so good. They see LeBron and what he did and say, "I can do that too." Though Howard got lots of flak for what he did, it is going to take a huge backlash from the fans for these guys to realize that that is a bad idea. Carmelo did it, LeBron did it, Howard did it, they all got flak but in the end they ended up at THEIR CHOICE OF TEAM with better talent than what they had around them at their first team. Whether it works chemistry wise or not is a different story.

I think Howard is the cautionary tale, here. He didn't want LA and now he's involved in that complete clusterf*** over there.

I don't even get how rose can look his teammates in the eye. You have Noah playing on one leg (dude is a f***ing man), Gibson rushing back to play, Belinelli isn't 100%, Hinrich is beat up. It makes me sick to see Rose cut some jokes on the sideline.

I won't write-off the series just yet. This Bulls team is very up and down. Tough to win though when the other team has the 2 best players on the court.

Deng better step up cause he was absolutely terrible yesterday. Boozer was good. Defensively Hinrich and Nate were absolutely atrocious.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
I don't even get how rose can look his teammates in the eye. You have Noah playing on one leg (dude is a f***ing man), Gibson rushing back to play, Belinelli isn't 100%, Hinrich is beat up. It makes me sick to see Rose cut some jokes on the sideline.

I won't write-off the series just yet. This Bulls team is very up and down. Tough to win though when the other team has the 2 best players on the court.

Deng better step up cause he was absolutely terrible yesterday. Boozer was good. Defensively Hinrich and Nate were absolutely atrocious.

Boozer was very good offensively yesterday. His help defense and positioning was terrible.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Boozer was very good offensively yesterday. His help defense and positioning was terrible.

I'm a pretty big fan of Boozer's and I have to say his defense was bad, even for him, last night. He was not alone in the least, though. Hinrich was god awful and he's usually decent to good.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)

+100

These guys are playing torn up and Rose is joking on the sideline waiting for God to clear him. Then dominating practice.

I knew deng was gonna have an off day on his first drive to the basket when he almost air balled a wide open layup. He cannot play like that for the bulls to win.

The entire team was terrible defensively

So if Rose doesn't come back, he's a p****. But if he does come back, he is selfish and just trying to be the hero.

Sounds like a no win. Sit out, go through a preseason and dominate next year.

I blame Adrian Peterson.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
+100

These guys are playing torn up and Rose is joking on the sideline waiting for God to clear him. Then dominating practice.

I so wish the Bulls would make the statement to the players that are playing, and shut him down.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 06:13 AM)
So if Rose doesn't come back, he's a p****. But if he does come back, he is selfish and just trying to be the hero.

Sounds like a no win. Sit out, go through a preseason and dominate next year.

I blame Adrian Peterson.

I guess we need to blame Iman Shumpert too... he came back in January.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
I guess we need to blame Iman Shumpert too... he came back in January.

And look how effective he is.

And comparing Shumpert to Rose is a joke.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
I knew deng was gonna have an off day on his first drive to the basket when he almost air balled a wide open layup.

That was the most nervous lay-up of all-time. It took the lead over "my buddy Mike misses game-winning layup attempt in our rec league" from last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 08:27 AM)
That was the most nervous lay-up of all-time. It took the lead over "my buddy Mike misses game-winning layup attempt in our rec league" from last year.

we need side by side video comparison