GAME. THREAD. 9/13 Detroit @ White Sox

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A rain out would be awesome. Allows everyone to watch the Bears game, but more importantly, it prevents Sox from facing Verlander (likely would get Fister in the make up game) and would give Sale an extra day of rest (and allow him to face the Twins, a team he matches up well against).

I am not counting on this game being rained out. It seems to take a lot to cancel the game and I am not sure any of that hurricane moisture is still out there. We just might have to face Verlander tonite. The guy has lost 8 games this year so he can be beat even by this team I think. Last night our bullpen was bad but the offense tried to come back against an equally leaky Detroit pen. I hope Chris Sale has enough in the tank and learned from last Sunday and we can score one more run then the Tigers. Let's win one for the Gipper

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
A rain out would be awesome. Allows everyone to watch the Bears game, but more importantly, it prevents Sox from facing Verlander (likely would get Fister in the make up game) and would give Sale an extra day of rest (and allow him to face the Twins, a team he matches up well against).

I'd rather see the Sox face Verlander than Scherzer or Fister, at this point. Verlander has looked pretty mortal in the 2nd half. I like tonight's matchup better than the one the Sox got last night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)

Where are you putting the make up game? Monday?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 07:15 AM)
Momentum - word not found in White Sox Dictionary.

Or the Tigers.

Just win and everything will be alright, lose and hope the Tigers crap the bed for a third time after beating Chicago. (they will)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
Bracing for the potential disaster of a Bears loss to the Packers and the Sox hitting flush on the season for good and losing.

Kind of hoping Part A happens. People are getting carried away (ever so slightly) about a 1-0 team that got the opportunity to open the season against a franchise that pretty much started from scratch and threw a rookie QB for his NFL debut like 37 seconds after he got drafted on top of that (and still threw for 300+ yds). All of this because what...? Because they picked up Marshall and in doing so reunited the *two-time Super Bowl winning* QB-WR combo from when they played together in Denver?

*Edit* Zero-time Super Bowl winning QB-WR combo from when they played in Denver.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
weather.com hourly says precip chance right now:

7pm: 50%

8pm: 40%

9pm: 40%

Looking at the longer graph...

2pm: 20%

3pm: 40%

4pm: 50%

5pm: 60%

6pm: 50%

10pm: 40%

11pm: 20%

In other words, a wave of rain will come through sometime around 5pm-6pm, with a few hours of flexibility. Then the chances die down. I bet the get the game in, though it may start late.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
weather.com hourly says precip chance right now:

So it's literally a crapshoot. I work at IIT so I guess it is what it is. I really hope the rain can stay away or cause a slight delay at best.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
They'll do everything they can to get it in, even if they play until midnight, especially if it's intermittent stuff. Neither team is going to want the game on Monday.

It will be interesting, as you'd think neither team would want to pitch their main guy in poor conditions.