Buehrle to face Sox for the first time...

caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
I spent a bit of time debating whether to point out that Brett Myers ERA was over 12 when we faced him.

I dont really care either way. Brett Myers didnt shut the sox out either.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
August 1, 2007

After Posada hit his second homer, Sox pitcher Charlie Haeger, a knuckleballer, hit Cano with a pitch and was immediately ejected by plate umpire Tom Hallion. The White Sox haven't had much luck with this umpiring crew - Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen and Paul Konerko were ejected Tuesday night for arguing balls and strikes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...2#ixzz2QXykbmlG

Yeah I remember that and I got into an argument with Yankees fans on the sporting news website when they had comments. They all insisted it was intentional. Umm... a 65 mph knuckleball to plunk someone with? A KNUCKLEball?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
I dont really care either way. Brett Myers didnt shut the sox out either.

Yep...Mark hasnt been pitching well. Hopefully there are a few changes in the lineup today and we can take advantage of his poor performance so far.

Like others have said. Mark is the enemy today but not tomorrow.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
Well, maybe not today.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
Does every player still wear #42? I thought they had changed that it was optional, only players who requested the number wore it?

You actually have it backwards--originally it was optional, but everyone's worn it since 2009.

I guess Don Zimmer already saw the movie (42) and said, if anything, that it was a lot rougher than portrayed in the movie...in terms of his treatment and the conditions of that time period.

Dave Wills also pointed out that it took the Red Sox 12 years of non-integration before their first African-American player.

Zimmer said that Jackie was really hard to get close to and kept his distance, but that they were buddies because of their common love for golf. And that anything in the movie had to first get approval from Rachel Robinson.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Well, it might make that upper office wince a bit. They could have signed Buerhle for what they signed Danks for

Buehrle was far more expensive on a per season basis, and will make make as much in 2014 and 2015 as Danks does in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Buehrle in no way dominated the Sox, so I hope no one comes to this thread trying to say otherwise. It was a mediocre start against a god awful team. Mark tried to help, but The Sox beat themselves as they've done most of the season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
175 wins. Hopefully he gets 25 more to cap off a fine career.

Might take him the rest of his contract to get that many wins. Partly because he's not that good, and partly because neither are the Jays.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:56 AM)
Buehrle in no way dominated the Sox, so I hope no one comes to this thread trying to say otherwise. It was a mediocre start against a god awful team. Mark tried to help, but The Sox beat themselves as they've done most of the season.

Don't criticize the MB lovers with that reasoning. He didn't dominate but on the other hand he prevailed and won. Doesn't make the Sox a god awful team either. Buerhle has always been able to get through games when he didn't have his best stuff. He won and we lost. Mark is a great pitcher. Story over.

Edited by elrockinMT

I put virtually no stock into wins, but Mark Buehrle has won double digit games every year of his career, save 2000 when he was only up part time. Also, the only two times he's won fewer than 13 were 2006 (4.99 ERA) and 2007 (terrible team).

Barring something bad happening to him, he's probably going to get to 200 at the end of next season.