2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
I know he led the team in shots, but Hossa, just didn't look as strong as he usually is.

Agreed, he didn't look the same after STL series. He wasn't wreaking havoc in the neutral zone and backchecking like we've come accustomed to. Normally you still notice a lot of Hossa even if he isn't scoring, but really in Minnesota and LA he was missing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
Agreed, he didn't look the same after STL series. He wasn't wreaking havoc in the neutral zone and backchecking like we've come accustomed to. Normally you still notice a lot of Hossa even if he isn't scoring, but really in Minnesota and LA he was missing.

It is just my opinion, but I felt like he was shooting quicker than he normally would instead of battling.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
So who are the leading candidates to have been playing through major injuries? I'm hoping Seabrook had something going on, so there is some excuse for how awful he played.

Guaranteed it's Hossa . He has way too much talent to be invisible like he was.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Kings are probably going to win their second cup in three years. They are more of the "dynasty" praise at this point.

Sure, if you only count the last 3 years. Adding the Hawks 09 WCF run and the 2010 Cup paints a slightly different picture since the Kings won zero playoff series from 2009 to 2011.

Anybody wake up today pissed off about the Hawks? I can hardly believe they lost Game Seven at home. Hawks looked like they were going to roll when it was 2-0.

As great as the Kings are ... I feel like it was a pretty big choke to blow that 2-0 lead in Chicago. Opportunity lost when you have home ice in Game 7. Man.

Tell me if I'm wrong. If you experts tell me the Kings are that much better of a team, then I'll shut up. Admittedly I'm no hockey expert but damn, home ice in Game Seven and a 2-0 lead to boot ...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 12:10 AM)
Anybody wake up today pissed off about the Hawks? I can hardly believe they lost Game Seven at home. Hawks looked like they were going to roll when it was 2-0.

As great as the Kings are ... I feel like it was a pretty big choke to blow that 2-0 lead in Chicago. Opportunity lost when you have home ice in Game 7. Man.

Tell me if I'm wrong. If you experts tell me the Kings are that much better of a team, then I'll shut up. Admittedly I'm no hockey expert but damn, home ice in Game Seven and a 2-0 lead to boot ...

I was upset about the dumb way that they lost, but then even moreso mad today when I saw these 2 pictures that show 2 invalid Kings goals that were not called (hard to fault the refs for the tip-in one though, that is a still camera, not a video camera, I believe).

Jeff Carter offsides on the 1st Kings goal.....

Screen-Shot-2014-06-02-at-1.29.36-PM.png

And then of course the tip-in that was, in fact, above the crossbar.....

BpFeFa9CUAAu3vU.png

:(

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
And then of course the tip-in that was, in fact, above the crossbar.....

BpFeFa9CUAAu3vU.png

Would have been nice to see a freeze frame of that on TV last night. I guess the league probably frowns on that though to avoid second guessing during the game. "Stop it right there...."

First of all, that's not 2 Kings goals. It's the same Carter goal in both.

That photo shows absolutely nothing. So his stick was above the cross bar at some point. So what. Can't see the puck contact there.

The replays they showed, which we all saw, showed that it wasn't a high stick. The puck was contacted at or below the bar.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)

That photo shows absolutely nothing. So his stick was above the cross bar at some point. So what. Can't see the puck contact there.

The replays they showed, which we all saw, showed that it wasn't a high stick. The puck was contacted at or below the bar.

20120711-114927.jpg

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 01:04 AM)
Would have been nice to see a freeze frame of that on TV last night. I guess the league probably frowns on that though to avoid second guessing during the game. "Stop it right there...."

I'm not sure where the picture came from, but I think it's from a still camera, not a video camera. I don't remember seeing that angle during the broadcast, at least. I'm surprised there isn't a net-level camera mounted on either end of the ice though.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 07:58 PM)
Guaranteed it's Hossa . He has way too much talent to be invisible like he was.

He was getting boatloads of shots, they just weren't going in - sometimes hockey's a b****. In a seven-game series, sometimes luck's not on your side.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)

At worst, the puck was contacted level with the cross bar.

Do you know a board we can go to where people who've liked the sport longer than 4 years and tune in beyond the playoffs go? I can't stand it in this thread any longer.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:41 AM)

Do you know a board we can go to where people who've liked the sport longer than 4 years and tune in beyond the playoffs go? I can't stand it in this thread any longer.

Oh my...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)

Here ya go: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 02:40 AM)
20120711-114927.jpg

Since you can't argue against anything I posted, you resort to this, per usual. What a shocker.

But hey, "2 kings goals were invalid."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)

I don't know man, we've got some pretty good stuff here. A good point was made. I definitely think we need to get rid of Seabrook. If Crawford is sleeping with his wife (AND he's 5 months pregnant), that's just not good for team chemistry.

Plus, you get gems like "who do the Kings even have besides the Kopitar line?"

I'm still waiting to figure that out.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)

An Edmonton board with a bunch of seventeen year old spoiled Canadians who don't even know what a winning team looks like and I'd wager most have never seen Gretzky play (or if they did, it was probably as a NYR) or weren't around for their glory days in the 80s, sans a few? Hmm.. Yea that still might be better than this thread since they still do know hockey. :lol:

I do want to give some props. There are definitely some newer Hawks fans (say since 09) who have stepped up and truly made hockey a sport they care about (Gerry - SoxAce definitely being at the top of this list). But the folks who sound like Cubs fans in this thread are just brutal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
He was getting boatloads of shots, they just weren't going in - sometimes hockey's a b****. In a seven-game series, sometimes luck's not on your side.

I felt like Hossa was pretty damn good in game 7. Just completely unlucky.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
I felt like Hossa was pretty damn good in game 7. Just completely unlucky.

Like I said, he didn't look like himself to me. This is a guy who will go into a board battle against 3 guys and come out with the puck on a regular basis. He got a lot of shots, but there were very few moments where he left your jaw on the ground, like we are used to seeing with Hossa. Not that he was bad or anything... I also can't remember thinking he hurt the team at any moment either. He just didn't seem like himself, like he was missing his extra gear. Something like a nagging injury wouldn't surprise me at all.