Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 06:27 PM)
Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 18m

Garza haul of Edwards, Olt, Grimm and the chance to take N. Ramirez as PTBNL a boom for Cubs, statement about Tex. system

Expand

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
I just want prospects from the Pirates, Dbacks, or Cards

Eaton, Davidson, and Owings for Peavy and Crain makes too much sense, especially if Sox send some cash.

Didn't think this deal could realistically happen but Garza set the price stupid high.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 02:30 AM)
I gots that feeling too.

Yep, you have to worry Rangers are only team really willing to go "all in" this deadline. By the sound of it, no other teams were really in on Garza. As you and I agree on, it's absolutely ok if you don't trade Rios and Peavy at the deadline.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
I think he will still be with the White Sox in August because "the right deal wasn't there."

I sure hope that isn't the case. I've had enough of the organization holding onto guys just long enough to denude their value.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
Yep, you have to worry Rangers are only team really willing to go "all in" this deadline. By the sound of it, no other teams were really in on Garza. As you and I agree on, it's absolutely ok if you don't trade Rios and Peavy at the deadline.

No other teams were willing to give up that much for a rental is what it really is. As Heyman said this morning...more teams like the extra year than the rental player

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)
And if they don't get the right deal, you are damned right he should be back.

Yeah I didnt understand that post either....what should Rick do? Take whatever they offer him and say o well?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 07:48 PM)
No other teams were willing to give up that much for a rental is what it really is. As Heyman said this morning...more teams like the extra year than the rental player

I don't know what this means or if it means anything but the Cardinals promoted a 2B late today to AAA Memphis. His name is Luis Mateo. In addition, Kolten Wong, who is always in the lineup, is not playing tonight. I can asure you that Wong is not coming to STL with the year Carpenter is having. This is just a little strange. Since I am a Cardinals fan hanging on this board, I just thought you folks would appreciate the heads up.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
I don't know what this means or if it means anything but the Cardinals promoted a 2B late today to AAA Memphis. His name is Luis Mateo. In addition, Kolten Wong, who is always in the lineup, is not playing tonight. I can asure you that Wong is not coming to STL with the year Carpenter is having. This is just a little strange. Since I am a Cardinals fan hanging on this board, I just thought you folks would appreciate the heads up.

Are you on PT?

Thanks for the info...definitely interesting but I dont think anything will materialize

Thanks for the info! That is VERY interesting.