Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:43 AM)
I'd like to have Middlebrooks. I don't know if I can say with certainty how much of the talent of a deal he should comprise, but we should get some guys like him.

He's basically the anti-Cecchini

I'm not in love with Middlebrooks by any means, but if they're going to sell low on a talent like that, I'm happy to see if he can pan out around here. I'm not sure how much other talent I'm sacrificing to roll that dice, but in theory I'm all for it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm not in love with Middlebrooks by any means, but if they're going to sell low on a talent like that, I'm happy to see if he can pan out around here. I'm not sure how much other talent I'm sacrificing to roll that dice, but in theory I'm all for it.

I'd have zero problem putting middlebrooks out there sharing time with Gillaspie and seeing who earns the spot, but man, I don't think I'd take him back for anything of value. I'd take him back for something like Danks, but I'd rater even get a solid a-ballet for Crain. You can always find guys like middlebrooks who are remote chances/recovery chances. He'll in a yet we might dump Viciedo for a guy like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
I'd have zero problem putting middlebrooks out there sharing time with Gillaspie and seeing who earns the spot, but man, I don't think I'd take him back for anything of value. I'd take him back for something like Danks, but I'd rater even get a solid a-ballet for Crain. You can always find guys like middlebrooks who are remote chances/recovery chances. He'll in a yet we might dump Viciedo for a guy like that.

Picking up middlebrooks fits the former gm's MO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:53 AM)

I'd absolutely love Crain for Middlebrooks

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 02:57 AM)
Lots of power, lots of strikeouts, good chance he won't pan out? Yeah, it does remind me of Flowers now that you say it.

He accomplished more last year in the majors than Flowers could dream of.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
He accomplished more last year in the majors than Flowers could dream of.

So did Shelton that one April (that was his name right?) a 200 at bat stint where you outperform everything you've ever done doesn't tell me much. Flowers has had better minor league seasons than him.