Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
Yep, that would be a salary dump more than a trade to try and better the franchise.

And it doesn't seem like it'd take advantage of Peavy's value. I think he's got more value solo than in a package.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
That report contradicts all other indications that Adams is untouchable.

If we could somehow get Adams and Wong - I'd refrain from masterbatory exercise for a year.

AKA - it's highly unlikely.

If Adams isnt untouchable he's the guy I want more than anyone ,all other prospects be damned.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
I hope they wouldnt be expecting a lot of cash with that deal. No way I would ship those two and cash for Adams and two f***ing relievers.

Blazek is damn good; reliever or otherwise.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
MLBInsidersLive says Cardinals willing 2 offer Adams,Butler,Blazek to WhiteSox 4 Peavy,Ramirez.

What is mlb insiders live? I tried to Google it and found the MLB network. I am not trying to be difficult because that proposal sounds plausible but I'd just like to check out the site. Thanks.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Sure would loves me some Matt Adams. Blazek looks like he could be a good get as well, though with Jones and Reed I wish he was left handed. Swap out Butler for something a little sexier and I'd take it.

Check out MLB insiders on Twitter. It sounds like a deal is forthcoming. I almost dropped my jaw when I read all the recent tweets. My only caution is that not one national writer has picked this up. What say you guys?

https://twitter.com/@mlbinsiderlive

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)
Check out MLB insiders on Twitter. It sounds like a deal is forthcoming. I almost dropped my jaw when I read all the recent tweets. My only caution is that not one national writer has picked this up. What say you guys?

That Twitter looks bogus. Not a lot of followers. Never heard of it.

Stick with MLB Trade Rumors, and guys with verified accounts.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)

I can't think of any reason to believe that twitter. Probably fishing for followers. I'm all for some trades, though!

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Sure would loves me some Matt Adams. Blazek looks like he could be a good get as well, though with Jones and Reed I wish he was left handed. Swap out Butler for something a little sexier and I'd take it.

I agree we need something better than butler as part of that deal. we are giving a up a quality short stop and starter.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I can't think of any reason to believe that twitter. Probably fishing for followers. I'm all for some trades, though!

You guys really think this is bogus? I didn't know you could use just use the MLB symbol wily nily and get away with it.

By the way, one of the posters on this site referred to it earlier (a couple of pages back). That is why I went to find it.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
You guys really think this is bogus? I didn't know you could use just use the MLB symbol wily nily and get away with it.

It might be technically illegal, but there are so many people using MLB-owned images that it would be impossible to find them all. I'm guessing it is only illegal if they are profiting, anyway.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
It might be technically illegal, but there are so many people using MLB-owned images that it would be impossible to find them all. I'm guessing it is only illegal if they are profiting, anyway.

Hey, guys, I have a twitter account and I just signed in to see who was following the site. One of the followers is a Chicago baseball writer named Paul Sulivan. Other followers are RotoBaseball, Dan Plesac, Mike Trout, Dustin Pedroia, Ben Badler and Nick Cafardo, among many others. I don't think this is a bogus site.

Edited by mike65

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:14 AM)
Hey, guys, I have a twitter account and I just signed in to see who was following the site. One of the followers is a Chicago baseball writer named Paul Sulivan. Other followers are RotoBaseball, Dan Plesac, Mike Trout, Dustin Pedroia, Ben Badler and Nick Cafardo, among many others. I don't think this is a bogus site.

Except this is the first real rumor that site has had. Everything else was just updates on games, etc.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)

Those are people they are following, not people that are following them

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
What is mlb insiders live? I tried to Google it and found the MLB network. I am not trying to be difficult because that proposal sounds plausible but I'd just like to check out the site. Thanks.

No clue. My best best is it is some twitter bunk fodder.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
No rush

Didn't the Cubs ask for best and final offers for the Garza deal? I think the Sox should do the same. Get best and final offers by Monday, and get a deal done before the game Tuesday. Unless they just want to keep him for the long haul, they shouldn't have Peavy starting Tuesday night.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
Didn't the Cubs ask for best and final offers for the Garza deal? I think the Sox should do the same. Get best and final offers by Monday, and get a deal done before the game Tuesday. Unless they just want to keep him for the long haul, they shouldn't have Peavy starting Tuesday night.

Because Garza's value falls through the floor after the 31st. Peavy is signed through next year and still could command a haul this winter or next trade deadline.

Also, that Twitter account has to be bulls***.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
Because Garza's value falls through the floor after the 31st. Peavy is signed through next year and still could command a haul this winter or next trade deadline.

That's true, but I'd still like the Peavy decision (one way or the other), done before he takes the mound.