Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
Also keep in mind that Detroit has the best hitting lineup in the AL and the worst infield defense in recent history. Iglesias is an EXCELLENT fit for that team with Fielder/Cabrera around for the long haul.

That could help Porcello a bunch

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:32 AM)
I'm very excited to see Garcia play and I don't think anyone here can feel any different, whether they think he'll turn out or not

I'm surprised Detroit messed with Boston and didn't just trade us Garcia for Alexei.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
The guy is 22, has the tools to be an above average defensive RF (who knows, possibly better), and 20-20 potential. Even if he never develops great plate discipline or sees his average in that .300 range in the majors, he should still make for a solid RF for several years (a lot better than dealing with Rios out there).

Plus, if there is no cash involved, I'm actually getting excited at what might happen tomorrow at the deadline. People here were expecting the moon for Peavy, and in all actuality, this is looking like a really solid deal for the White Sox.

I hope he develops just as much as you do, I'm just seeing no evidence of the Sox being able to turns these types of players into anything close to productive major leaguers.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)
My fear is that Avisail Garcia is the next Dayan Viciedo with some defensive value.

Don't forget that Dayan Viciedo may still figure things out. Imagine that LF/RF combo if they get anywhere near their potential

Cleuluis Rondon, SS (19 years old) — international free agent: Rondon is a tremendously athletic player with phenomenal hands, an advanced defender who will play both short (when Lin is not there) and second. He hit just .226/.265/.344 in the Rookie Level Gulf Coast League last year, but there’s life in his bat, and his numbers were dampened by the fact that he started switch-hitting just before the start of his pro career, and he struggled from the left side of the plate.

My fear is that Avisail Garcia is the next Dayan Viciedo with some defensive value.

I feel the same way we already have a hefty underachiever in DV. Hope Garcia works out.

I'm curious to see this 240 lbs running around like a gazelle. Plus defense? Can that be mostly from arm strength?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:34 AM)
I can't listen to Hawk bulls*** me about this kid for the next 4 years. Please retire.

Yes, but once we get rid of Rios, he'll be the everyday rightfielder. I hope the Sox don't do something stupid like say he needs more minor league instruction. I'd prefer seeing him start in rf the rest of the year once we dump Rios.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)
If we can continue landing players of Garcia's caliber with our other guys we're going to be looking good for the future

I know it will never happen, but I'm hoping somehow Rick works some magic and gets Matt Adams on the White Sox for Ramirez.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:34 AM)
Because they wanted the younger, cheaper player with potential?

Oh. I know nothing much about the player they got at ss. I was just reading everybody's posts how he's nothing special.