2014 Draft class

caulfield12

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
After they grab one of the top pitchers, whoever it might be, I hope they stock up on OF or Cs.

First 5 rounds I think will be all pitching in my opinion.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
Seeing as how there's usually a shake up from the predicted mock drafts, I'm going with this...

1- Rodon- Houston

2- Jackson- Miami

3- Aiken- Sox

4- Nola- Cubs

5- Kolek- Twins

This is how I think its going to go too.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
We end up with either Rodon or Kolek in my mind. My trust in the White Sox front office tells me we take Rodon if he's available.

This. Not saying he knows anything but stone just said he really thinks Aiken goes one. I think there's a good chance too about Jackson going to the marlins as has been said becuase although jofer/Rodon is nice , they have pitching , they need more bats especially since Stanton will be gone sooner or later.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
This. Not saying he knows anything but stone just said he really thinks Aiken goes one. I think there's a good chance too about Jackson going to the marlins as has been said becuase although jofer/Rodon is nice , they have pitching , they need more bats especially since Stanton will be gone sooner or later.

Kolek?

really hoping and thinking it will be Kolek. all the rumors linking us to Kolek the last week or so, what benefit would that give if he was really the guy in negotiations?? i just can not see Rick passing on Rodon, he has raved about him for months as has Doug

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
This is how I think its going to go too.

I just feel if theres going to be a surprise, it will come from Houston. With so many players capable of going #1, Houston could end up making people scratch their heads, if they drafted outside of what is currently being predicted (Aiken #1).

I'll take a stab:

1. Houston = Aiken (Shop around for the best offer, but end up taking the best prospect for a slightly under-slot amount)

2. Miami = Rodon (Most ML-ready pitcher worthy of being picked this high and the Cuban connection will have ownership support)

3. Sox = Kolek (Simply take the remaining pitcher of the Big Three)

4. Cubs = Pentecost (It may be Conforto from OSU, but Pentecost gives the Cubs a legit catcher who will sign a drastically under-slot deal to free up money to go after pitchers later in the Draft)

5. Minnesota = Gordon (They vacillate on Nola because he fits a need and their mold of that need, but too much linking them with Gordon)

It would be very Jeff Lunhow to take Jackson at #1 and give him the same underslot deal he had with the Marlins. Just sayin. He walks out with the consensus best HS position player and adds slot flexibility later in the draft. I feel Aiken is too much of a sure thing that it won't happen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
So, just after seeing this, what are people thinking odds are that the Jackson report is true?

Odds are that it is true, but, it really doesn't mean anything. A lot of teams will negotiate with multiple players and have preliminary deals in place and will select the player/deal combination they like the best on draft night. So while Jackson may have the details of a deal ironed out, the Marlins are in no way a lock to draft him.