Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
Now this is strange:

Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo 1h

Keep hearing White Sox need pitching for Peavy, as 5 of their 6 best prospects are position players.

They may be, but they are nowhere near ML ready.

While that's true, #'s 8-11 are all pitchers, and a couple of them are pretty close too. Rienzo isn't even in that group.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Now this is strange:

Keep hearing White Sox need pitching for Peavy, as 5 of their 6 best prospects are position players.

Um, no.

What the Sox need to target this deadline, in order:

Shortstop, Center Fielder, Third Basemen, and a RH Starter.

Peavy can net you the first 3. Use the rest of the resources to get pitching.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Now this is strange:

Misinformation Hahn strikes again!

This sounds like the Sox trying to get the best offers from all the teams, not just ones with position player prospects. No way do the sox not get a top 30-60 position player back in a Peavy deal. The 2nd prospect, maybe a SP. But not the key guy.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
Misinformation Hahn strikes again!

This sounds like the Sox trying to get the best offers from all the teams, not just ones with position player prospects. No way do the sox not get a top 30-60 position player back in a Peavy deal. The 2nd prospect, maybe a SP. But not the key guy.

I'm really hoping Peavy goes to Boston and garin cecchini comes back our way, people are comparing him to a Bill Mueller type. Garin is about a year to a year and a half away and would give us time to figure out what we have in gillaspie.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
I'm really hoping Peavy goes to Boston and garin cecchini comes back our way, people are comparing him to a Bill Mueller type. Garin is about a year to a year and a half away and would give us time to figure out what we have in gillaspie.

I would too like Cecchini as part of a package

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)

I've read about garin moving to SS or 2nd too

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
Berkman might not come back for the Rangers and is considering retirement. Makes sense for Dunn to go there and or Rios

Oh wow. That could be a huge deal

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:13 PM)
Oh wow. That could be a huge deal

Indeed since june Dunn has put up this line .271/.384/.535 - .919 and over the last 3 years here is how he has hit at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington .250/.400/.571 - .971

power is at such a premium right now because of the run scoring enviroment in Mlb i would'nt be supprised to see some quality low level players come back provided the sox paid off some salary.

I would be looking at one of jorge alfaro or luis sardinas

between a pending suspension and a possible retirement combined with their current standings i believe they're ripe for an overpay.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:34 PM)
Indeed since june Dunn has put up this line .271/.384/.535 - .919 and over the last 3 years here is how he has hit at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington .250/.400/.571 - .971

power is at such a premium right now because of the run scoring enviroment in Mlb i would'nt be supprised to see some quality low level players come back provided the sox paid off some salary.

I would be looking at one of jorge alfaro or luis sardinas

between a pending suspension and a possible retirement combined with their current standings i believe they're ripe for an overpay.

No way we get Alfaro or Sardinas for Dunn

If the Sox purely clear Dunn's contract and get an organizations top 7 or 8 prospect I'd be happy. I think the goal for Hahn should be to get rid of most of the veterans, add some good pieces, clear salary, and position this team for a fresh start in 2014.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
I think the goal for Hahn should be to get rid of most of the veterans, add some good pieces, clear salary, and position this team for a fresh start in 2014.

Word cuz

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)
I've read about garin moving to SS or 2nd too

If that's the case I'd love to have him. I said yesterday that I don't want him as a 3B due to what looks like a lack of power but at SS his power could actually be a plus.

Just recognized his speed yesterday, he'd be a great leadoff hitter. I assume with the speed to steal 51 bags he's got the speed to cover short.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
If that's the case I'd love to have him. I said yesterday that I don't want him as a 3B due to what looks like a lack of power but at SS his power could actually be a plus.

Just recognized his speed yesterday, he'd be a great leadoff hitter. I assume with the speed to steal 51 bags he's got the speed to cover short.

He'd look great in the 3 hole behind Eaton and Beckham cough cough please happen

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Um, no.

What the Sox need to target this deadline, in order:

Shortstop, Center Fielder, Third Basemen, and a RH Starter.

Peavy can net you the first 3. Use the rest of the resources to get pitching.

I think people are really overrating what they think Peavy will bring back.

Re: pushing Dunn

Perhaps they mean in the way the Marlins wanted teams to take Dontrelle Willis to get Cabrera, as we as Mike Lowell with Josh Beckett to Red Sox.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:32 PM)
I think people are really overrating what they think Peavy will bring back.

Re: pushing Dunn

Perhaps they mean in the way the Marlins wanted teams to take Dontrelle Willis to get Cabrera, as we as Mike Lowell with Josh Beckett to Red Sox.

I think you're underestimating Hahn's leverage with Peavy and Rios. The SOX do not have to move either, and SHOULD not move Peavy unless they get a haul - Hahn will likely even throw in a $5M+ to improve the package w/ Peavy. Rios is a different animal, and I think he will be moved if possible, but Hahn is still in very good position. No reason to take an offer at this minute unless someone bowls you over. De Aza could apply in the very same way due to his contract value and status.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
I think you're underestimating Hahn's leverage with Peavy and Rios. The SOX do not have to move either, and SHOULD not move Peavy unless they get a haul - Hahn will likely even throw in a $5M+ to improve the package w/ Peavy. Rios is a different animal, and I think he will be moved if possible, but Hahn is still in very good position. No reason to take an offer at this minute unless someone bowls you over. De Aza could apply in the very same way due to his contract value and status.

That's why in the prediction thread I said neither would be moved.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I think both get traded. Have to in order to build for the future.

Exactly why Ricky only makes the move if it actually builds for the future. Wait it out and get a haul or keep a top of the rotation pitcher and a middle of the order hitter with reasonable salaries. These are likely 2 of the biggest moves for the SOX foreseeable future.