Sox Sign Jose Abreu - 6/$68 million

beck72

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Confirmed by second source!

Jesse Sanchez

‏@JesseSanchezMLB

Sources confirm @Ken_Rosenthal's report: Abreu 6 years, $68 million pending physical with CWS. #Astros & #RedSox were also in hunt today.

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/...036073565880320

BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE!!!

QUOTE (daggins @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Very true. I would def. rather have the second round pick and Abreu than Grandy.

Right now the wish list is down to Salty, maybe a trade for some infield depth, and a bonafide lefty in the pen. That puts the Sox on the road to legitimacy.

Infield depth isnt a concern, I think its impact MI. Every year one of ours is a hole in the lineup or defensively. Our rotation also could be a bit diferent on opening day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)
Infield depth isnt a concern, I think its impact MI. Every year one of ours is a hole in the lineup or defensively. Our rotation also could be a bit diferent on opening day.

How hard do you think or possibly hear they will be shopping Beckham or Alexei? If you can share.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:43 PM)

Though, I wonder if this impact MI is someone sox figure is in the system already (Semien, etc) or is someone like that just bait?

different than when, end of 13? I sure hope so!

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
or even where does Abreu hit? 3? 4? 5?

As we sit now you have to think our 3-4-5 is some variation of Abreu, Dunn and Garcia.

You would think it would be left-right-left. So probably Abreu, Garcia, Dunn if Abreu shows he can hit. I would start him at the highest 5th in the line up to begin with

QUOTE (toasty @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
Though, I wonder if this impact MI is someone sox figure is in the system already (Semien, etc) or is someone like that just bait?

different than when, end of 13? I sure hope so!

Well. Who in the lineup truly has that veteran "yes he will produce" feeling for you? I have nobody.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
So does this mean we are out of the running on any of the potential OF free agents, I mean we should still have plenty of money to go around to add an impact bat and a catcher I'd imagine.

personally I think this closes the books on Granderson. Thank God.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
So does this mean we are out of the running on any of the potential OF free agents, I mean we should still have plenty of money to go around to add an impact bat and a catcher I'd imagine.

I think we should go after Corey Hart. He's not going to cost a lot of money, so not a big risk.