Hahn says trade talks have heated up.

dayan024

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
He/she has broke a lot of Sox news on the MLB.com forum for the last 5 or so years now, so I'd consider them a real source. Why?

did K0Na post something recently? i have gone through the last few pages of this thread and not found anything??

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)
did K0Na post something recently? i have gone through the last few pages of this thread and not found anything??

K0na broke something on twitter last year or a couple years ago. I can't remember what it was though.

EDIT: Looking through his twitter, he broke the Buehrle to TOR trade, the Danks extension, and the Peavy to SOX and Jon Garland trades as well.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
K0na broke something on twitter last year or a couple years ago. I can't remember what it was though.

EDIT: Looking through his twitter, he broke the Buehrle to TOR trade, the Danks extension, and the Peavy to SOX and Jon Garland trades as well.

has he posted anything on here recently that I missed? i was wondering why his mention came up a couple of posts ago?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)

Teahen to Toronto for Frasor was last thing I remember. Whatever his connection was, is probably not there anymore.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
has he posted anything on here recently that I missed? i was wondering why his mention came up a couple of posts ago?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
As for that, I have no idea why he was brought up today.

Yea no new news from him. Somebody just brought him up out of the blue for whatever reason.

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
OMG...even the Astros are busy getting Dexter Fowler.....didn't we need a CF!!! This is depressing watching everyone else doing something...THE ASTROS, let's get going Hahn!!!!

At least Salty's still there... oh wait there he goes! (Miami)

At this point so would I Jose. I'm just getting really frustrated watching all these deals getting done while we sit here content with a roster that produced 99 losses...I just don't get it and am losing interest quickly and need to vent somewhere!!!!! Winter meetings will be another yawn at this rate....

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
At this point so would I Jose. I'm just getting really frustrated watching all these deals getting done while we sit here content with a roster that produced 99 losses...I just don't get it and am losing interest quickly and need to vent somewhere!!!!! Winter meetings will be another yawn at this rate....

Yes, because all of 0 minutes have passed at the winter meetings thus far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
Granderson is one of my favorite athletes of all-time, but I'd prefer to not lose a high 2nd round pick for him.

Gut feeling, the Sox were interested in Granderson for 2 years, but not 3. And he'll get three from somebody.

Same thing with Salty.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
The difference between De Aza and Fowler is negligible.

People want moves, but the Sox aren't going to make moves just to make moves. Relax.

Plus Fowler will be a FA before the Sox are ready to compete, no need to give up value for that. I have not seen a deal yet that I thought Hahn either had the resources to make or wish he would have made if he could have. There is a lot of time left and the winter meetings haven't even started. I expect Hahn to be looking only at long term cost controlled pieces and there have not been many of those moved thus far.

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
OMG...even the Astros are busy getting Dexter Fowler.....didn't we need a CF!!! This is depressing watching everyone else doing something...THE ASTROS, let's get going Hahn!!!!

Go take a look at Fowler's numbers away from Coors. Yikes.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
Gut feeling, the Sox were interested in Granderson for 2 years, but not 3. And he'll get three from somebody.

Same thing with Salty.

Why though? I think The Sox interest in Granderson ended the day he received a Qualifying Offer.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
Plus Fowler will be a FA before the Sox are ready to compete, no need to give up value for that. I have not seen a deal yet that I thought Hahn either had the resources to make or wish he would have made if he could have. There is a lot of time left and the winter meetings haven't even started. I expect Hahn to be looking only at long term cost controlled pieces and there have not been many of those moved thus far.

If that's the case and by judging by the trade deadline in the summer getting pieces like that is going to be extremely difficult since the Sox don't have any major pieces left to snag anyone like that .