2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
Apparently Bushrod injured his knee so Slaus/Garza coming back will be much needed. Ola probably moves to LT with Slaus moving back in at guard. Ola has been solid at guard so hopefully he holds up if need be at LT.

I hope that they can try Kyle Long at RT next year. Jordan Mills just isn't cutting it.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
You seriously do anything to discredit defense. you did the same thing with Lovie, you attribute it all to luck or the other team being bad

I don't think it was luck, it took some skill to make those picks, especially the first two, but if the argument is "well the Bears did it against Kap, so they can do it against Cam," you have to factor into that mistakes and poor decisions. If Cam plays well and makes good decisions, the same defense is going to get shredded (see: last week).

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
I don't think it was luck, it took some skill to make those picks, especially the first two, but if the argument is "well the Bears did it against Kap, so they can do it against Cam," you have to factor into that mistakes and poor decisions. If Cam plays well and makes good decisions, the same defense is going to get shredded (see: last week).

but if the reasoning for your argument is "pray for unforced turnovers" then you have to acknowlege that the turnovers werent unforced, and actually were the result of good play.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
I hope that they can try Kyle Long at RT next year. Jordan Mills just isn't cutting it.

I'm all for an upgrade to Jordan Mills but I hope it isn't Long. Kyle Long is great at OG and he has short arms for an OT. He's in the perfect spot.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
I'm all for an upgrade to Jordan Mills but I hope it isn't Long. Kyle Long is great at OG and he has short arms for an OT. He's in the perfect spot.

One thing worth noting is Aaron Kromer, and his zone blocking scheme, puts more emphasis on guard play and creating a pocket for the QB to step into. When in Nola they had some high priced OGs in Jahari Evans, Ben Grubbs, and another guy who's name isn't popping up. With that said I think Long stays inside.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
New York is gonna be so pissed

It's gonna be held at the Auditorium Theater in Roosevelt University

NY had been eliminated over the summer. It would have been in NY but with them changing dates, the typical venue wasn't available and thus Chicago and LA became the alternative sites. Although I'm sure that is partially an excuse. I don't know why you'd always have it in the same place. Seems kind of stupid to me.