2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
So Brandon Marshall apparently called out Cutler today and Kyle Long ripped the fans after the game today. This season could go off the rails if they lose next week.

Never thought that would happen. I thought they were best friends.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
Never thought that would happen. I thought they were best friends.

It's justified. Thing is, Cutler is so coddled in this city, he'll forget about it right away. Silvy will want to call him out tomorrow, Cutler will already walk-in with a bad mood and Waddle will just slurp him off and try to sugarcoat everything. Cutler will be short and vague with all answers too. As I said on on my FB, Cutler has the contract, OLine, Weapons galore and an offensive genius calling the plays. He has no excuses. They need to call him out, especially the media and stop being fearful that he will be in a bad mood and lash out at them.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
So Brandon Marshall apparently called out Cutler today and Kyle Long ripped the fans after the game today. This season could go off the rails if they lose next week.

Long blamed fans for not making enough noise when Miami had the ball on 3rd downs. :lol:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
Long blamed fans for not making enough noise when Miami had the ball on 3rd downs. :lol:

Which is pathetic. Fans have a right to boo when they overpay for tickets and the team (0-3 at home) does not do **** when expectations were so high.

FWIW, I don't feel like Chicagoans coddle Cutler all that much. I think, over the course of his time here, he has tended to receive more blame than he has deserved. I do think that nowadays he tends to not receive enough blame, but early in his tenure he was seen as more responsible than he probably was for the awful offense.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
It's one of the reasons I can't listen to sports talk radio anymore and I mostly stay out of game threads.

I honestly used to be like that but as I got older didn't want to be miserable because of something so out of my control.

I totally understand. Years ago whenever the Bears lost, I would be miserable the rest of that Sunday. Then I matured, got married and had kids. Nowadays a Bears victory or defeat has no affect on my mood for the remainder of the weekend. I still pop in to the game thread and go on a rant after the predictable boneheaded Cutler turnover but as soon as the game is over, no f*cks given afterwards.

The offensive performance and playcalling today were just brutal. Trestman suddenly looks completely overwhelmed as a coach. If you wanna throw the deep ball on 3rd & 1 on the first drive, that's fine, but do it because you have the confidence to go for it on 4th and 1. And why was there no timeout called before the end of the first half?

Given the composition of the roster, I again think the defense played well enough to win the game, but the offense yet again failed to show up. Only two teams in the NFL have 3 road wins, and only 3 teams have zero home wins. Bears are lucky enough to be in both of those groups.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)

Well it's hard to keep cheering on 3rd down knowing that if you do get a stop the offense will just go 3 and out or turn it over right away.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
Also, earlier this year some folks scoffed at me when I suggested Romo might not be a horrible QB...

People love to get caught up in the narrative of "Tony Homo", and forget the fact that he's been a really good QB for his entire career. He's a top 10 QB nearly every season consistently.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
People love to get caught up in the narrative of "Tony Homo", and forget the fact that he's been a really good QB for his entire career. He's a top 10 QB nearly every season consistently.

I've said it before, I'd club a dozen baby seals to death for Cutler to post the same kind of numbers Romo put up last year, he had a 3-1 TD to INT ratio and a pass completion % in the 60s with a QB rating in the 90s (that's off the top of my head, I hate surfing the net on my phone). If Cutler were on that kind of pace this year, the Bears would be at worse 5-2 right now.

Romo gets a lot of s*** for a couple of costly mistakes in the playoffs but Manning has had his fair share of stinkers in the postseason yet he's the GOAT.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)

He's not a Rodgers/Manning/Luck, but he can win a Super Bowl with a good team which he hasn't had before, but might now. People love to hate him because the media loves the Cowboys but I would take him over Cutty anyday