2014 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the Sutton pick! As an ASU homer that's seen every one of his games...love this! I was leaning towards Nix...but very happy with Will. You want my other ASU homer pick...whoever gets Carl Bradford is gettin' a crazy man who can flat out play. Wish the dude would have returned to ASU for his Sr. season...but the kid is an absolute beast.

As for Sutton...lots of people b****ed about his weight. Actually the coaching staff wanted him to put it on. He just looked out of shape starting the season and got stronger as the season went on. You don't win PAC12 Tillman Award (best D player) two years in a row for nothin' folks....

Edited by Wanne

Will Sutton

Ego Ferguson

Jay Ratliff

Stephen Paea

Nate Collins

LaMarr Houston

Jared Allen

Willie Young

Israel Idonije

David Bass

Cornelius Washington

Austen Lane

Tracy Robertson

Trevor Scot

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
Fantastic pick. I am much more happy now as I like how much we have improved the defensive side of the ball and how much we have improved our lines on both sides of the ball over the past two years.

While I love this pick...Ego still is kind of a head scratcher. Easily could have been 1. Fuller 2. Nix 3 Sutton...which would have been amazing.

Yeah I hate the ego pick. But I also think team needed some run stuffers. A lot of quicker pass rushing tackles. I hope he performs.

Would like a late round pick on Mizzous Ldamian Washington.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 10, 2014 -> 04:04 AM)
Will Sutton

Ego Ferguson

Jay Ratliff

Stephen Paea

Nate Collins

LaMarr Houston

Jared Allen

Willie Young

Israel Idonije

David Bass

Cornelius Washington

Austen Lane

Tracy Robertson

Trevor Scot

Finally some real depth. We hopefully will not have to sign any dlineman off street to perform.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 10, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Finally some real depth. We hopefully will not have to sign any dlineman off street to perform.

Presumably that means another position will be the one that becomes incredibly banged up and has to sign someone off the street.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 10, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
Yeah I hate the ego pick. But I also think team needed some run stuffers. A lot of quicker pass rushing tackles. I hope he performs.

Would like a late round pick on Mizzous Ldamian Washington.

Wouldn't mind Gaines or Washington.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sam tonight. One of my friends got a Snapchat from him yesterday saying he was excited to get drafted, so there's that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 10, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Presumably that means another position will be the one that becomes incredibly banged up and has to sign someone off the street.

Linebacker or receiver.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
Wouldn't mind Gaines or Washington.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sam tonight. One of my friends got a Snapchat from him yesterday saying he was excited to get drafted, so there's that.

Apparently Briggs game vs Clowney was big reason he got drafted second. Hopefully Gaines game vs Evans will get him drafted sooner than later

Remembering now why draft coverage sucks. You'd think with 20 hrs of airtime they'd go through each team and what they did in offseason and who they drafted. Nope I've basically just watched a loop of stories on Cleveland St. Louis max and Oakland for three hours.

I've long thought the Bears needed to draft 2 DTs early on. Ego and Sutton aren't the names I had in mind but based on what was there I don't necessarily think they're bad picks. Ego looks the part of a run stuffing 1 tech which the Bears sorely needed. I can imagine if Jernigan fell a few more spots he would have been the guy but sadly he was gone. You would have thunk Nix would be a better option, but the Bears did work him out before the draft so they apparently didn't like what they saw or didn't think he'd be a fit in this 1 gap system. After those guys it could be argued that Ego was the next best run stuffer....Could they have traded back and still got him? Ya, possibly, but if they're that high on him I don't mind taking him right there.

Sutton has the potential to be a steal if he can get his weight back in check. Good with his hands, good pass rush skills, should be a solid 3 tech.

Heard a quote from some talking head awhile back that this draft is so loaded that there's gonna be 4th round guys with 2nd round talent. Based on a lot of what has been drafted so far that seems to hold true. While most mocks had Ego in the 3/4R he still very well could have a 2R grade by most teams.

I still like some of the potential out there at FS. Not a lot of highlights out there on Brock Vereen so I'm only going off what I've read, and from what I've read I really like him. I'm hoping he's the pick in the 4th. The you have guys like Ed Reynolds, Marqueston Huff, Tre Boston and a plethora of CBs who might be ripe to make the conversion to S in Keith McGill, Antone Exum, Lucheiz Purifoy, Walt Aikens(All 4 have FS experience), and then Pierre Desir might also have the potential to play FS.

I'd be a little surprised if one of the above isn't the pick in the 4th.

Edited by scs787