Avisail Garcia is out for the rest of 2014

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
The Jake Peavy curse continues.

Obviously the biggest worry is Avi, but I guess De Aza and Viciedo are here for the year now. Certainly haven't had much luck with the trade candidates between some playing like s*** and being forced to keep others.

Nonsense. If you get a good offer for them you just make the deal and play Danks in the OF.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Nonsense. If you get a good offer for them you just make the deal and play Danks in the OF.

True I guess, but before it seemed inevitable because of one player too many, now it's merely a possibility contingent upon receiving a good enough offer.

QUOTE (The Mighty Mite @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
I did not see the play but I know one thing, I see way too much unnecessary diving for balls in MLB. Before we moved to Florida I was a pretty good friend of Jimmy Piersall who was a hell of a center fielder and he despised it when guys dove for balls.

It seemed last week like Garcia had terrible form while diving for balls. He almost did this on a dive last week too.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
This sucks. What a buzz kill. I retract my statement of us contending until September. De Aza and Viciedo need to step up big time

Fingers crossed one of those two step up big time and can be traded for a good/great return.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
This sucks. What a buzz kill. I retract my statement of us contending until September. De Aza and Viciedo need to step up big time

I was immediately back in high draft pick mode. I want to turn on the games to watch Abreu, Eaton, and Semien. I am looking forward to Matt Davidson coming up and Chris Sale starts. Other than that, I will check that Winston Salem box score and hope that Hahn can dump a bunch of guys by the deadline. What a f***ing downer of a day.