That's a White Sox winner!!!

Steve9347

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Jose Abreu is the real deal, but I think we all knew that already. :)

And Salazar is just absolutely nasty. But he's prone to throwing some bad pitches.

If you told me before the game he would strike out ten, I wouldn't of watched.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
Here's a fun fact

@CST_soxvan: Alexei Ramirez hit his second home run tonight. He hit his second of 2013 in his 113th game.

Maybe Alexei's glad to have all these Cuban buddies on the team with him.

I've watched Abreu highlights of his homers and his swing is the real deal. I'm confident of that.

I mean we had hopes for Viciedo, but Abreu's mechanics are so far ahead of Viciedo it's ridiculous. I don't even fear jinxing Abreu. He's got the swing. He might hit an alarming number of home runs in his rookie season cause you have to wonder what's gonna happen when the weather gets hot.

Hope the team can keep hanging around .500.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
I've watched Abreu highlights of his homers and his swing is the real deal. I'm confident of that.

I mean we had hopes for Viciedo, but Abreu's mechanics are so far ahead of Viciedo it's ridiculous. I don't even fear jinxing Abreu. He's got the swing. He might hit an alarming number of home runs in his rookie season cause you have to wonder what's gonna happen when the weather gets hot.

Hope the team can keep hanging around .500.

It's early and everyone was prepared for the Sox dark cloud to continue into the game after it was announced that Avasail Garcia was lost for the year with a torn labrum. But the White Sox had other ideas. Eat s*** Tribe.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 07:47 AM)
10 games in, look at all of the Sox players on the offensive categories.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/...g-leaders.shtml

By the way, when does the national media start giving Abreu the Puig Treatment? Ever? Or do you have be on a coast or the Cubs?

Really? I've seen multiple articles written about him already and tweets about him as well. People are talking about him. Puig is just more boisterous and loud, while Abreu just handles his business, so naturally there will be a tad less hype.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
Really? I've seen multiple articles written about him already and tweets about him as well. People are talking about him. Puig is just more boisterous and loud, while Abreu just handles his business, so naturally there will be a tad less hype.

I watch a lot of MLB Network. I haven't seen much buzz. Granted, I wasn't watching last night when he hit two more.

But let's face it, if Abreu was on the Yankees, he'd already be getting daily coverage. Typical stuff, but I'll take it as long as Abreu is putting up league leading numbers. Ignore him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)

Come on, our very own Caulfield hasnt fallen head over heels in love with Abreu and created a thread listing every tweet and comment and article mentioning him. You know the media is riding Abreu's jock when that happens.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
I watch a lot of MLB Network. I haven't seen much buzz. Granted, I wasn't watching last night when he hit two more.

But let's face it, if Abreu was on the Yankees, he'd already be getting daily coverage. Typical stuff, but I'll take it as long as Abreu is putting up league leading numbers. Ignore him.

Of course it's different if he was on NYY or BOS, but that's they way of the world. Last night when he hit the two homers, there was a lot of buzz about it online, pretty good for a team as insignificant as the Sox.

If the Sox can escape April with a .500 record or better, I think they can make a serious run at a playoff spot. Need to bullpen to be air tight and Johnson and Paulino to be better, but the talent is there.