Chris Sale to start Thu May 22 vs Yankees

Feeky Magee

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
This is Noesi's slot for starting, though Scott Merkin was clear to say that doesn't mean he is the one losing his spot in the starting rotation or on the MLB roster.

Has to be Carroll's that will get sent down.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
And that is why he only threw 20 pitches during his side session.

That worried me a little when they reported he only threw 20 pitches. I didn't want to start a panic but I had typed a post stating it was either really good news or really bad news then decided against hitting the "add reply" button.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
I would be kind of surprised to see that honestly. Carroll has to be the #1 name to go right now.

Yeah they are both terrible and in an ideal world wouldn't be on the roster. At least maybe Carroll can mop given our starters unique ability to go less than 6 innings. Oh he seems like a good guy too unlike Frankie who beats on us fans. #TeamFarewellFrancisco

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CHICAGO – To welcome ace Chris Sale back to the mound at U.S. Cellular Field this Thursday evening vs. the New York Yankees, and due to popular demand, the Chicago White Sox have expanded the “K Zone For Sale” to include Section 155 for all future Chris Sale starts.

“K Zone For Sale” is a new ballpark promotion this season in sections 154 and 155 – for a total of more than 930 seats. When White Sox ace Chris Sale starts at home, fans with tickets in these sections will receive a free K-Zone t-shirt and strikeout card, which can be picked up at the #SoxSocial Lounge before the end of the first inning. “K Zone For Sale” tickets are $20 for most games, with the exception of Family Sundays, when the tickets are $15 (subject to availability).

Tickets to White Sox games are available at whitesox.com, the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office and through Ticketmaster.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ May 21, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
Since the team has no long-reliever, they could release Francisco, move Carroll to mop-up duties, and put Sale in the rotation.

This would actually be the right play. Of course, you would need to move Johnson up to fill Carroll's spot and move someone down to make room.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CHICAGO – To welcome ace Chris Sale back to the mound at U.S. Cellular Field this Thursday evening vs. the New York Yankees, and due to popular demand, the Chicago White Sox have expanded the “K Zone For Sale” to include Section 155 for all future Chris Sale starts.

“K Zone For Sale” is a new ballpark promotion this season in sections 154 and 155 – for a total of more than 930 seats. When White Sox ace Chris Sale starts at home, fans with tickets in these sections will receive a free K-Zone t-shirt and strikeout card, which can be picked up at the #SoxSocial Lounge before the end of the first inning. “K Zone For Sale” tickets are $20 for most games, with the exception of Family Sundays, when the tickets are $15 (subject to availability).

Tickets to White Sox games are available at whitesox.com, the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office and through Ticketmaster.

Did these sell out? I can't find these anywhere. I feel a lot less stupid that I didn't know about the Kzone until 2 weeks ago when someone said they were all over the site.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Did these sell out? I can't find these anywhere. I feel a lot less stupid that I didn't know about the Kzone until 2 weeks ago when someone said they were all over the site.

Go to the Sox site, tickets, click on tomorrows game and use the map to select those sections. There's plenty of tickets.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 21, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
LaMarr Houston (new Bears DL) will be throwing out the first pitch tomorrow before Sale's start.

If Houston gets hurt doing it, we will know the mound is too high.

YES! This made my day!

Now to figure out which of the games during the Sox week-long trip to LA he will be starting in.. anyone good with that stuff? I got to see Sale/Kershaw at Dodger's stadium (yuck) last year. Hoping for another epic matchup this year (and preferably at Angels' Stadium..)