WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 07:32 AM)
14-13 after no days off playing BOS, TEX, DET, TB. I'll take it

This April schedule bass been brutal too. Managing to be around 500 considering last year and losing 3/5 of the rotation to DL or not playing well has been remarkable. Especially against these teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
I'm always surprised when I see Semiens avg. so low. It seems like he gets a hit every time he's up.

He is hitting .333 with RISP and has an OPS of 1.084 in that situation, good for 3rd on the team behind Alexei and Abreu. His OPS is .411 HIGHER with RISP.

I said it earlier this season, and I'll say it again now: you get through April with a .500 or better record and this team is for real. Their May schedule is as soft as a pillow, time to get fat and put some separation between us and the rest of the division.

On a side note, had a blast at the game last night. I love these empty April games. Had 500 levels from the free survey and ended up in the 6th row behind the Sox on deck circle by the end of the game, doesnt get much better than that.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
I said it earlier this season, and I'll say it again now: you get through April with a .500 or better record and this team is for real. Their May schedule is as soft as a pillow, time to get fat and put some separation between us and the rest of the division.

On a side note, had a blast at the game last night. I love these empty April games. Had 500 levels from the free survey and ended up in the 6th row behind the Sox on deck circle by the end of the game, doesnt get much better than that.

You should have thrown things at the guy in the blackhawks jersey that couldnt shut up during the entire game

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
He is hitting .333 with RISP and has an OPS of 1.084 in that situation, good for 3rd on the team behind Alexei and Abreu. His OPS is .411 HIGHER with RISP.

Despite hitting .230, Semien has a WPA of 0.65, good for 5th on the team. That's ahead of Viciedo, Dunn, and Eaton, 3 of the most productive players on the team. He also has the highest clutch rating at 0.72, good for #3 in all of MLB behind Jayson Werth and Kyle Seager.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=12,d

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)

I was able to sit in the seats just behind the scout seats for $30 against the Red Sox. Never been able to sit that close t home plate.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
You should have thrown things at the guy in the blackhawks jersey that couldnt shut up during the entire game

My son and I were watching the game, and he asked who was making all that noise. I told him to look at the fat ass in the Blackhawks jersey right behind homeplate. Guy was a pain in the ass.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
My son and I were watching the game, and he asked who was making all that noise. I told him to look at the fat ass in the Blackhawks jersey right behind homeplate. Guy was a pain in the ass.

Dude was a tool.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)

Tool? That guy was living as large as living large can get! Big hawks jersey, wife next to him (and not pissed about the yelling), slamming beers, sitting front row behind home plate. We could only hope to live that large some day.

QUOTE (johndyce @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Tool? That guy was living as large as living large can get! Big hawks jersey, wife next to him (and not pissed about the yelling), slamming beers, sitting front row behind home plate. We could only hope to live that large some day.

Yes. And from now on, I am calling Flowers, Tumbleweeds.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 04:14 AM)
Overreaction much? He got off to a bad (terrible) start, but he battled back and did pretty well the rest of the game. He's started twice now, was solid in each, and is 2-0. He had some good games last year, too. What are you expecting from a 5th starter?

He's no future all-star, but aside from two bad innings through his first two starts (the 4th inning in his first start, the 1st inning in this game) he's been pretty good.

I don't get the Rienzo hate at all. Would you guys like to give Leesman another shot? Or Paulino?

Well said. Too often folks here live and DIE off one bad inning, one missed fielding play, one poor at bat or even one pitch. Then again they get fixated in a bad way on a player and that's all you hear about. Rienzo has talent. My guess that in the future we might be liking Leesman too. Paulino maybe? :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (johndyce @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)

Haha, you know that man was large when johndyce has to come out of retirement to post. :lol:

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
I wouldn't go as far as Leesman. He's simply not ML material. It was just ridiculous after the first bad inning everyone was saying "f*** Rienzo" and then in the 6th he's better than Erik Johnson. It's silly. This game is cyclical and small sample sizes are nothing to get worked up about.

Rienzo is what he is. He's got pretty decent stuff but he's not the smartest pitcher. That being said, he's a competitor and he can get through, or perhaps gets past, tough innings. He's a fringe #5 type and could be a factor in the bullpen. Right now, with injuries, he's a decent option to have. He really needs to start getting more first pitch strikes though. I don't know if it was just when I was watching or what but he had fallen behind off the bat way too much. Hawk and Stone were right that he was wrong to abandon his curveball in the early going.

Isn't his curve one of his better pitches?

It just baffles me how the White Sox pitchers fall behind that much.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
Haha, you know that man was large when johndyce has to come out of retirement to post. :lol:

I've been posting a little bit here and there recently due to being bored at work. But it's pretty cool that I am member #32! Registered back in high school 12 years ago watching the Magglio/Valentin/Caballo sox.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 10:56 AM)
I wouldn't go as far as Leesman. He's simply not ML material. It was just ridiculous after the first bad inning everyone was saying "f*** Rienzo" and then in the 6th he's better than Erik Johnson. It's silly. This game is cyclical and small sample sizes are nothing to get worked up about.

Rienzo is what he is. He's got pretty decent stuff but he's not the smartest pitcher. That being said, he's a competitor and he can get through, or perhaps gets past, tough innings. He's a fringe #5 type and could be a factor in the bullpen. Right now, with injuries, he's a decent option to have. He really needs to start getting more first pitch strikes though. I don't know if it was just when I was watching or what but he had fallen behind off the bat way too much. Hawk and Stone were right that he was wrong to abandon his curveball in the early going.

Leesman was awful in his start this year (I think he was throwing like 85-87), but IIRC he was pretty decent in his lone start last year. I don't see him as a ML starter, but if he can get his velocity back up to what it was I could see him being a decent reliever.