GAME THREAD 5/2: SOX @ CLE

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Salazar is starting for the Indians.

Sox website listed Carrasco. Tribe website lists Salazar. I have changed it to Salazar. Either way, somebody with an ERA over 6 is starting for them.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 2, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
Sox website listed Carrasco. Tribe website lists Salazar. I have changed it to Salazar. Either way, somebody with an ERA over 6 is starting for them.

They moved Carrasco to the pen.

20 runs and three quality starts this weekend, then come back to Chicago and beat the Cubs four straight. Good time for a win streak.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
They moved Carrasco to the pen.

20 runs and three quality starts this weekend, then come back to Chicago and beat the Cubs four straight. Good time for a win streak.

We don't really have the starting pitching for a win streak unless of course you're expecting Carroll and Rienzo to go 3-0 like they just did. But love the high hopes. :gosox4:

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 2, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
Salazar's last start: 7 IP, 1 ER, 8 K, 1 BB vs. SF.

It was his first great start on the season. Hopefully it was a one time thing.

While they didn't hit well against him last time, the Sox worked him so deep into AB's that he had 100 pitches in no time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
Last time out he got 11 outs, and 10 K's

Ahh, good point. Did not remember that. I'd say some of our guys are more than capable of a nice groundout every now and then, though.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 2, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
The universe is a mysterious place

I rather Semien get more ABs than Beckham but whatever. I'm tired of Hawk slobbing on his knob too. It's just borderline f***ed up.

Why Beckham in the 2 hole?

Five weeks ago I'd have never imagined there was any possible way I would ever say this, but I think Viciedo should bat second. Has a 15/10 K/BB ratio and a .410 OBP. If you just looked at those numbers and didn't see the name beside them you'd be begging to have the guy bat second.

Eaton 8

Viciedo 9

Abreu 3

Dunn DH

Ramirez 5

Flowers 2

Semien 5

De Aza 7

Beckham 4

Move Nieto down to 9th when he plays.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
I rather Semien get more ABs than Beckham but whatever. I'm tired of Hawk slobbing on his knob too. It's just borderline f***ed up.

It really is. It's almost like Beckham is actually Hawk's illegitimate child. Hawk talks about his mom almost as much as him.