2014 FIFA World Cup

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm gonna keep my original prediction of a final of Germany v Netherlands.

There's no way it's going to be an all European Final, IMO. European powers have been struggling with American teams, and not even against the best teams. I think a Brasil Argentina Final is more likely.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
There's no way it's going to be an all European Final, IMO. European powers have been struggling with American teams, and not even against the best teams. I think a Brasil Argentina Final is more likely.

Every power is struggling.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
I don't get teams that don't attack. The Swiss just let Argentina barrage them all game.

I know it sounds dumb, but once u get late in the game, and you realize you're closer to losing than winning, you try your best to reach penalties. it's boring as heck to watch one team dominate but sometimes the better team loses in penalties.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
I know it sounds dumb, but once u get late in the game, and you realize you're closer to losing than winning, you try your best to reach penalties. it's boring as heck to watch one team dominate but sometimes the better team loses in penalties.

The good teams shouldn't think that way but the underdogs likely do because you have a better shot of winning in PK's as there is more chance in that. However, that didn't happen in the Germany game. Why, because the Germans know they had a better shot of winning where their overall talent could outplay vs. something like PK's which can be much more flukey.

The other example was the Costa Rica game which was a bad example. CR was doing anything in their power playing a man down to hold the draw and Greece lacked the playmakers to convert scoring opportunities to goals. This Belgium team is loaded with playmakers. If somehow our game got into extra time, I would be very surprised to see the Belgians sitting back and playing for PK's.