2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
Gagged when I saw Lakers trying to clear cap room for Hibbert. Had no idea they were terrible and in bad financial shape. Who is costing them money beside Kobe?

They have cap space. Nobody wants to go there. They have nothing to offer outside of branding/marketing. And aren't they trying to trade for Hibbert?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
Gagged when I saw Lakers trying to clear cap room for Hibbert. Had no idea they were terrible and in bad financial shape. Who is costing them money beside Kobe?

Kobe takes up a massive portion of their cap.

They're trying to trade Swaggy P, he's on $5.2M a season, they just gave Lou Williams 3/21, Brandon Bass just signed there also.

I could see Young ending up in Philly potentially, if the Lakers can't find a taker, would probably have to attach a pick of some sort though as well.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 11:44 PM)
They're trying to trade Swaggy P, he's on $5.2M a season, they just gave Lou Williams 3/21, Brandon Bass just signed there also.

I could see Young ending up in Philly potentially, if the Lakers can't find a taker, would probably have to attach a pick of some sort though as well.

Yeah. I used to think Nick Young would be the key to the bulls getting past heat.

This FA has been crazy. I thought the first 2 days would be the splurge and then the discounts would start happening. The opposite occurred.

Could not believe all these players I only kind of knew getting 10/mill.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
Make Swaggy p happen.

I'm not sure we can. Lakers are looking to dump salary, we have no space and no non-guaranteed contracts they can dump.

Spurs get West on a veteran minimum deal. He gave up 12 million to chase a ring. I really hope for his sake he gets some kind of executive job title with the Spurs after he retires.

Spurs now the clear favorites to win it all. Parker-Green-Kawi-Aldridge-Duncan, Manu and West off the bench. Patty Mills still an option too. Good luck Lebron.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Spurs get West on a veteran minimum deal. He gave up 12 million to chase a ring. I really hope for his sake he gets some kind of executive job title with the Spurs after he retires.

Spurs now the clear favorites to win it all. Parker-Green-Kawi-Aldridge-Duncan, Manu and West off the bench. Patty Mills still an option too. Good luck Lebron.

Cavs are just as good, younger and might get Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
I'm not sure we can. Lakers are looking to dump salary, we have no space and no non-guaranteed contracts they can dump.

can you explain to me, why would the lakers are looking to dump salary. their salary as of today for next season is 35+ mil.

according to hoop rumor team salaries.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
can you explain to me, why would the lakers are looking to dump salary. their salary as of today for next season is 35+ mil.

according to hoop rumor team salaries.

That wouldn't be correct.

Kobe's on $25M for starters, if they acquire Hibbert, he has a $2.5M trade kicker added to his contract also, so he makes about $15-$16M I think.

Lou Williams is getting $7M a season, Russell probably about $3.5M to start on his rookie contract, Randle about $2.5M.

So then you have Nick Young on $5.2M, and you can see where I'm getting at.......

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:24 AM)
That wouldn't be correct.

Kobe's on $25M for starters, if they acquire Hibbert, he has a $2.5M trade kicker added to his contract also, so he makes about $15-$16M I think.

Lou Williams is getting $7M a season, Russell probably about $3.5M to start on his rookie contract, Randle about $2.5M.

So then you have Nick Young on $5.2M, and you can see where I'm getting at.......

ok, i now see how this conversation is going. that is a planning of the salary cap under the conditions of trades pending.

thanks for correcting this for me.

Aaron Brooks resigns with Bulls on 1 year deal. I am not a Brooks fan but like him as a 3rd point guard / bench guy who you throw out and if he's hot you ride him, if he's not, you pine him. Problem is right now he's our 2nd pg (along with Hinrich). I still think we need an upgrade at backup spot with someone who could start in a pinch, however, given where market went, seems unlikely with our tax payers exemption. So with that said, glad we have Brooks inked cause we'd be screwed if we failed to get anyone else (at least in regular season).

My opinion of Brooks might have been different if he didn't completely dissapear in the post-season (in limited minutes). Again, when used right he can be an effective bench guy who can help you gain better seeding in regular season whose value declines a bit in post-season (with exception of the, give him a few minutes, see if he's hot and ride him if he is...if he isn't, you need to pull him quick cause anything else he does is negative (i.e., defense). I hope front office can somehow find another PG.

Lin would have been so nice (not that he is good but he's a good bench player who could occasionally start in a pinch). I actually think Lin is underrated by most (and then of course you have the group that still overrate him from his Knicks days but I think a lot more underrate him because of how much unwarranted hype he got from that run).

Also, evidently Gar Forman and Andre Miller were at White Sox game last night. He's clearly old and past his prime but a good veteran leader and I always feel like he makes some nice plays in the post-season. Almost 40 but I'd be on board at vet minimum.

Unrelated sidenote, but for all the b****ing, Bulls could make a few maneuvers and have max money to throw around to the 2016 class (KD). You get their by moving Taj or having Gasol elect his player option and opting out. Could maneuver it many other ways as well. Thought that was interesting as this is a very good team who can contend (didn't say favorites but can absolutely contend) and should still remain attractive to major free agents.

I don't know if we will make the moves to do it or if Durant is the right guy to grab but interesting either way. I know the front office has whiffed at the big guys (but so have the Lakers) and in terms of the 3 largest markets we still would be on paper offering by far the best chance to contend and win a title.