2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
Snell outplayed McDermott, who is still playing way too passively and having issues with turnovers. McDermott will get his minutes but these rookies have a lot to learn.

Snell had 3 points in 12 minutes and that bucket was with 10 seconds left. DMD had 7 in 13.

Yes, DMD had 3 TOs but we needed offense last night and DMD is more versatile then Snell, who is nothing more than a bad draft pick who probably won't be on the team next year.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
Snell had 3 points in 12 minutes and that bucket was with 10 seconds left. DMD had 7 in 13.

Yes, DMD had 3 TOs but we needed offense last night and DMD is more versatile then Snell, who is nothing more than a bad draft pick who probably won't be on the team next year.

Turnovers and defense still matter. I'm not writing off Snell. He's been much more aggressive this year and the Bulls aren't looking for him to score. I had zero problem with our use of Snell, especially during the periods where we literally couldn't stop penetration. Brooks was so bad defensively yesterday. I'm not saying Snell is good but he too is young with some tools and it is good that Thibbs is gaining confidence in him.

It is early in the year and I love the fact that in general, Thibbs is getting a lot of guys into the games and we are learning what we have. That will become very key later in the year. Dougie needs to remember to play aggressive. The travels and turnovers were just ugly and at times he overplays on D. That said, he appears to be smart and when he plays more aggressively good things seem to happen.

Boozer really feeling it in Lakerland this season. Good lord

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 04:47 AM)
69-65?

Pretty crazy considering the scoring we are used to seeing from those two teams. At least The Thunder have a good excuse

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
That Lakers team is so bad, and I hope some will now realize why I laughed at Byron Scott's retreat hiring again.

Pretty sure he's just a fall guy. "Hey come coach us for a little bit, here's free money, we're going to fire you in 2 years or so anyways."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
Pretty sure he's just a fall guy. "Hey come coach us for a little bit, here's free money, we're going to fire you in 2 years or so anyways."

Same thing that happened to him in Cleveland

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
My favorite thing is how the entire league's players hate Dwight Howard as much as me.

You're soft and you're a p****...from Kobe and KD. KD saying it is even more hilarious.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
That Lakers team is so bad, and I hope some will now realize why I laughed at Byron Scott's retreat hiring again.

They have the worst defense in the history of basketball. Not NBA. But basketball ever. Kobe has patterned every single aspect of his life after MJ. It's kind of fitting he's now making a fool of himself the way MJ did with the Wizards. So sad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 33m33 minutes ago

Deng, Wade: No one 'understands' Derrick Rose's mental state (@RealMikeSinger) http://bit.ly/11ecBEg #BullsTalk

drose opens his mouth and says something dumb. softball media gives him a chance to clarify \ backtrack from his comments and says he could care less...

so other players have to try to defend him.

I like how we spend more time debating on Rose headlines than discussing the actual game!

Anyways, Jimmg is now averaging over 41 mpg on the season. I guess their plan is to run him to the ground this year and let him become someone else's problem next year? Would have like to see Dougie, Snell or even Nazr get some burn in the 4th.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 01:24 AM)
I like how we spend more time debating on Rose headlines than discussing the actual game!

Anyways, Jimmg is now averaging over 41 mpg on the season. I guess their plan is to run him to the ground this year and let him become someone else's problem next year? Would have like to see Dougie, Snell or even Nazr get some burn in the 4th.

HE'S 48 MINUTE JIMMAY

lol mcbuckets

B2sxll7CIAAykhO.jpg

Wish I could have seen the game last night. Saw first 5 minutes but knew I wouldn't last.

TONS of assists last night, a beautiful noah line of 11/16/6, 6 assists for Taj. Dunleavy continues to play fantastic.

Also, McDermott is shooting 20% from 3pt land. I am rooting for Doug, obviously liked the pick. But, stop with the handwringing about how McDermott will solve any offensive lull. Guy is learning a lot right now.