2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ May 12, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
s***, he doesn't have to be anywhere near 100% to knock down some 18 footers

He said he couldn't run up or down the court today. You can't play 4 on 5 defensively even if Gasol doesn't move much on that end.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 12, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
What amazes me is that their role players are absolutely crushing our role players. Lebron had a fantastic game and the Cavs were -4 with him on the floor. I know it's a flawed stat, but when he's off the floor and James Jones and Dellavadova are out there the Bulls should be killing them and they just haven't been.

Mirotic was a -23 in 18 minutes. Aaron Brooks (who has just been atrocious all series) was a -12 in 7 minutes.

This is a great post. Obviously dunleavy showed up. Maybe it's wht we demand them to do. On Miami, james jones really can just sit at the 3 point line. I feel like we need them to randomly run our whole offense. Which seems like what we know, we just aren't moving the ball!

Houston's winning by 20 right now at home. They got blown out their last two games. Anything's possible. Win game 6 and see what happens in game 7. It's hard to lose to this Cavs team even when LeBron goes off.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 12, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
He said he couldn't run up or down the court today. You can't play 4 on 5 defensively even if Gasol doesn't move much on that end.

Why can't they? They've been playing 3 on 5 offensively with Hinrich and Noah on the floor. Tony Snell played what 5 minutes? 22 for Hinrich? Does Hinrich do anything better than Snell at this point?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Houston's winning by 20 right now at home. They got blown out their last two games. Anything's possible. Win game 6 and see what happens in game 7. It's hard to lose to this Cavs team even when LeBron goes off.

I hope I eat crow and all, but even if the Bulls win Game 6, there is approximately a Cubs chance in winning the World Series that the Bulls go into Cleveland and win game 7. They really, really needed Game 4. That may well have been the series right there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
I hope I eat crow and all, but even if the Bulls win Game 6, there is approximately a Cubs chance in winning the World Series that the Bulls go into Cleveland and win game 7. They really, really needed Game 4. That may well have been the series right there.

If the Bulls somehow find a way to win Game 6.... THEY WILL HAVE THE MYTHICAL 2 DAYS REST.....

Come on boys...man up. Backs against the wall, now play your best. On a sidenote, I was extremely dissapointed with the coaching in that game (just really bad plays out of the time-out late), however, I am also extremely dissapointed in the play of our bench. It has gotten destroyed by a shallow Cleveland bench. Brooks, who I can't stand, has been a disaster all series and Niko had his one moment and otherwise has stunk. Hinrich has actually been better then I expected (didn't say good....just better then I expected).

Taj's ejection was weak, imo. But the most critical issue has been Noah and with Gasol out, we don't have a lot of options.

On an unrelated sidenote, I have finally grown to accept the fact that if we lose tomorrow, Thibs is gone and should be gone. I think Thibs is a great coach but I also think this whole situation wears on the players and everyone so if JR is going to pick the front office, then let them get the coach that they want. I just hope they don't mess up a good thing, cause this team is loaded and should actually get better (part of that is because I am buying into Drose and I obviously think highly of Butler / Nikolai. I also hope Noah can be better (with an off-season to rest). Key is going to be finding another big though to develop since our bigs are older.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
On an unrelated sidenote, I have finally grown to accept the fact that if we lose tomorrow, Thibs is gone and should be gone. I think Thibs is a great coach but I also think this whole situation wears on the players and everyone so if JR is going to pick the front office, then let them get the coach that they want. I just hope they don't mess up a good thing, cause this team is loaded and should actually get better (part of that is because I am buying into Drose and I obviously think highly of Butler / Nikolai. I also hope Noah can be better (with an off-season to rest). Key is going to be finding another big though to develop since our bigs are older.

Isn't Hoiberg known to be a very good offensive coach?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
Isn't Hoiberg known to be a very good offensive coach?

I don't think any of us know that. He had athletes at ISU and outrun other teams. Doesn't necessarily mean you are a good offensive coach. He's a good recruiter and he seems to be a good leader of men. Not sure any of us know how he will do in the NBA but he should be pretty good at relating. He will absolutely need some top notch assistants. The level of details in the pro game and just the pure talent is so much different, however, I presume he understands that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 13, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)

I would try to move Noah this summer. His contract is up after next season and they can't pay him again. They need to get much more athletic and they will be giving Jimmy a max deal.

Unless we pull these next two games out of our ass, I'm fine with letting Thibs go. The man is simply too stubborn.

I just hope the FO has a definitive plan on who to bring in. And they better be damn sure he's miles ahead of Thibs offensively. This might end up being a Lovie-Trestman situation.

If you're getting rid of Thibs, who are you bringing in? Do you try Calipari who failed in the NBA once but is close to Derrick and Anthiny Davis? See what I did there?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Yup. I'm sure he'll be happy to coach LBJ next year in Cleveland.

I can't see Lebron wanting Thibs in Cleveland. No way Lebron is going to work that hard and do the unnecessary stuff that Thibs does. Thibs will get an upstart like Orlando or New Orleans.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 13, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
I made that joke a few days ago, but after thinking about it, there is NO WAY the Bulls trade Thibs to Cleveland. Not a chance.

I assume they'll work out a deal with New Orleans.

Trade him? You think they wait around to work out a deal? I imagine if he is out, they quickly workout a buy out and fire him.