**Official 2014 World Series Thread**

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 25, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)
Royals fans are officially insane, at least the ones who use Twitter. Now they are incensed at Yost for not calling for the bunt. They wanted Duffy to bat and bunt. Had Duffy screwed up the bunt they'd have never forgiven Yost for having an AL pitcher bunt.

Also, these are the same fans who want Yost fired immediately for his use of the bunt whenever he calls for it. The Royals should just name Frank White manager for next year so these fans shut the f*** up.

KC got its ass handed to it tonight. Now it's 2-2 going into the Shields-Baumgarner matchup. I'll tell you one thing ... why is it so hard to get a pitcher to go more than 5 innings who is not named Baumgarner? You guys may despise Ozzie but I'll forever thank he and Coop for all those complete game outings from our starters in 05.

The way this Series has developed, every pitch is seen as crucial and tonight's game especially had no flow because of this. I'm surprised they even let Vargas go more than 2 innings the way the pace of this game was going. I'm surprised they didn't pinch hit for him.

It's 2-2 now with 2 of the next 3 in Kauffman. It's the Royals' fault if they can't win it. The AL was superior this year; no need for the Giants to win it again. I won't shed a tear for these Royals' fans, though. They are insane on Twitter. This bunt thing is an oxymoron. Yost can't win either way.

Lol

Why do you care so much what some anonymous Royals fans tweet?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 02:35 AM)
The main reason I bring it up is to not glorify Oz any more but to point out the insanity of baseball. Managers won't let these pitchers go deep into games at all. It's ruining baseball. Every pitch was a crucial pitch in the third fricking inning. There's no rhythm to the games. A game in an NL park goes 4 fricking hours tonight?

Like I said, I wouldn't have been surprised had Vargas been pinch hit for in the third. Ridiculous. I contrast it to Ozzeroo who let our guys FINISH f***ing games heaven forbid.

Those pitchers last night sucked, Ozzie would have pulled them too.

That 05 pitching staff was on a roll that has rarely been seen in the playoffs. I have already posted the game logs and pitch counts about 28 times so I won't do it again, but those pitchers never gave Ozzie a chance to even think about pulling them. Would some managers have brought in the closer for the 9th on principle? Sure, and Ozzie deserves credit for avoiding that, but these aren't even comparable situations.

Ned Yost is going to get battered/eviscerated this time for not PHing for Shields with a chance to pull the game within a run (2-1) in the middle innings.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bumgarner's just been too good. Nobody has been better in the post-season this half decade. Not even close. The Royals beat him 4-2 in the regular season but that hasn't mattered a bit.

Now he's using Herrera when the game's already been decided in the minds of many.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 11:26 PM)
Giants need to win Game 6. I really think if it goes 7, the Royals take it.

I don't necessarily think that. Bumgarner will be sitting down the bullpen if Hudson gets rattled at all in game 6. And, if he does, you take him out after 2 or 3 or whatever and Bumgarner pitches 3-4 innings for you.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Ned Yost is going to get battered/eviscerated this time for not PHing for Shields with a chance to pull the game within a run (2-1) in the middle innings.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bumgarner's just been too good. Nobody has been better in the post-season this half decade. Not even close. The Royals beat him 4-2 in the regular season but that hasn't mattered a bit.

Now he's using Herrera when the game's already been decided in the minds of many.

The KC Royals make the playoffs for the first time in 29 years, and make it to the World Series, are 2 wins from a title, and their fans still complain about their manager.

I hope it takes at least another 29 years before they sneak into the Wild Card game and lose it. Hopefully it will be 7-0 in the first inning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)
The KC Royals make the playoffs for the first time in 29 years, and make it to the World Series, are 2 wins from a title, and their fans still complain about their manager.

I hope it takes at least another 29 years before they sneak into the Wild Card game and lose it. Hopefully it will be 7-0 in the first inning.

It's just the modern-day blogosphere.

Bochy has been getting an equal amount of criticism and he's on possibly his 3rd World Series title in 5 years, without Cain and "good" Lincecum basically.

98% of Royals fans are happy that they made it to this point...and they're upbeat about the team next year with plenty of money to spend replacing Shields, Butler and Aoki.

The Royals probably don't have the DET budget or ability to miss big on free agent acquisitions...but they have a ton of young pitching talent to pick up the slack, and the biggest worries about being overworked are for Shields (8 years over 200 innings) and the back end of the bullpen guys.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Matt Cain - 51.1 postseason IP, 2.10 ERA

Tim Lincecum - 56.1 postseason IP, 2.40 ERA

Madison Bumgarner - 83.1 postseason IP, 2.27 ERA

All 1st round picks by the Giants

Pretty outstanding success rate, even if it looks like Cain and Lincecum burned out too soon. Hopefully Bumgarner doesn't fall off a cliff like those two.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
I don't necessarily think that. Bumgarner will be sitting down the bullpen if Hudson gets rattled at all in game 6. And, if he does, you take him out after 2 or 3 or whatever and Bumgarner pitches 3-4 innings for you.

On one day's rest? Is that possible?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)

They are sickening fans. All they do is rip on Yost. It's crazy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
apparently Peavy let it be known yesterday that him and his bro Lester are pretty interested in Chicago. I only put this here because he let it slip during his interview

Classic Jake Peavy, always calm and focused on the game to be pitched, does such a great job of avoiding silly distractions.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
apparently Peavy let it be known yesterday that him and his bro Lester are pretty interested in Chicago. I only put this here because he let it slip during his interview

Sweet, I'll take Peavy and Lester in a package deal.