2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
Josh Vitter, Felix Pie, Jake Fox, etc. are among my favorite examples.

Every Cubs prospect is supposed to be the savior and it...doesn't work.

To be fair, I'm not sure if there's ever been a Cubs prospect that's looked as good as Bryant.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
0-15 RISP

Its just a game and a half but they seem to have the same problems this year as they did last year. But I think its just going to take a while for their younger hitters to learn patience and rise to the occasion on a consistent basis. Its all part of development but a lot of Cub fans and media members have put them further along then they really are.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
Hawkins has always struggled as a closer too. Dating back to his Twins days when he was an elite setup guy.

I remember when the Cubs named him closer and he announced he wouldn't talk to the media after games. Blew up in his face.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
While you aren't wrong, the Rockies have been around for 22 years and still haven't really find any pitching

There was that one year where Ubaldo Jimenez was great. Then he got traded to the Indians and he really hasn't been great since.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:19 AM)
The Lester stuff seems to be a very real issue. The guy hasn't thrown to 1st base since 2013, and for whatever reason people finally caught on. It almost seemed like the Cubs wanted to prove he could do it, and they found out why he hasn't......something is up.

He had nothing on his pitches tonight, which is odd coming after a week off. Their real ace goes tomorrow

This Cubs bullpen is pretty good. Great stuff to go with Maddon's ability to manage a bullpen should make this group one of the best in baseball. That Feldman deal gets more ridiculous every year

Edited by fathom