Davidson intends to enjoy reset button

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
thanks

in a way, i was trying to be nice about it. but in realty that what it is, i just wanted to see if he can do anything meaningful before i throw him off the cliff.

Which is what the D'backs did.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I believe in Gillaspie, but he's having a less than impressive spring and if his play carries over into the regular season we're going to have a big problem at the hot corner.

We all know the White Sox sniffed around Panda for a bit. I think it is obvious that they aren't sold on Connor as their long term guy. My guess is that the next big splash the White Sox make is for a 3B.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Hey oldsox dropped by to pile on Davidson. Saw that one coming.

I'm not piling on Davidson, Jimmy. I just think it was a lousy trade and said so here the day after it happened. Since then, a lot of others have been far more critical

of Davidson than myself.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
I'm not piling on Davidson, Jimmy. I just think it was a lousy trade and said so here the day after it happened. Since then, a lot of others have been far more critical

of Davidson than myself.

You take every opportunity to pile on Davidson.

Every. Opportunity. I sincerely hope your dog recovered from the kick.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
You take every opportunity to pile on Davidson.

Every. Opportunity. I sincerely hope your dog recovered from the kick.

Would it be OK on this site if he prefaced it with a Gordon Beckham or John Danks sucks?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Would it be OK on this site if he prefaced it with a Gordon Beckham or John Danks sucks?

Hey if you want to argue with him endlessly, he can say whatever he wants.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)

Because you haven't brought that up enough in threads that are actually on-topic. So you bring it to where it is completely irrelevant? Really?

Just let it go.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)

hey, i am not trying to take sides here, but look back, he took a cheap shot at me, so the monkey is on him. i choose to ignore him.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)
This might as well just become the Matt Davidson watch thread. If he can get hot, he can find his way onto the MLB team as Connor doesn't really seem like a guy who should/would block him.

Has he shown any signs of improving or getting hot?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 06:05 AM)

The average getting up to a respectable level is a start. Needs to increase the BB% and decrease the K% though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 06:05 AM)

I'll put this here too... a couple things. First, saw Lakso comment that Davidson is going center and oppo a lot more often now. Second, the defense at 3B has apparently improved quite a bit, saw it a bit myself on MiLB.tv, and also multiple people commenting on it. For what those are worth.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)
I'll put this here too... a couple things. First, saw Lakso comment that Davidson is going center and oppo a lot more often now. Second, the defense at 3B has apparently improved quite a bit, saw it a bit myself on MiLB.tv, and also multiple people commenting on it. For what those are worth.

That could be very good.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)

Our defense at third isn't anything special anyway so if he can field a little bit and hit the way everyone expected him to, everyone here would take it.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
Ten games in:

PA: 41

H: 10

HR: 2

XBH: 3

BB: 2

K: 14

AVG: .256

OBP: .293

SLG: .436

Definitely needs to cut down on the k's and walk more

Honestly, those numbers are pretty terrible when you consider the bandbox that is his home park. I have zero faith he'll ever become a big leaguer let alone a starter.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
Honestly, those numbers are pretty terrible when you consider the bandbox that is his home park. I have zero faith he'll ever become a big leaguer let alone a starter.

i know what you are saying, and i am respecting it. but i will still hold out a little hope...

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)

He's played like 6 games at home. That sample size means nothing in terms of ballpark effect.

He's actually improved. He's going up the middle and oppo, his core numbers are much better. His defense is improved. Seven of those K's came in the first three games.

I mean, if we are going to deal in small sample sizes, then here is his line since the first three games: .290/.333/.419, 1 HR, 1 2B, 8 K in 33 PA (24.2% K/PA).