2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)
So the officialting last night was pretty brutal, even by current "it's often terrible" standards.

What, you dont like that inadvertant whistle and the makeup for it?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Jets cut former 1st round pick Quinton Coples due to lack of playing time, particularly a new system. (he thrived in a 3-4 under Rex Ryan) Bears should be ALL OVER THIS. Only 25 years old.

This sounds interesting. Really fits the profile for the Bears. They have to be sniffing around this guy.

How about Sammy Watkins being ruled down inbounds when nobody touched him. Somebody thought it was a college game? Nobody on the Bills got mad either though.

The official ruled that Watkins act of going to the ground was giving himself up and thus he was down inbounds. This is a judgment call and thus not reviewable, but the official needs to have a better grasp of the game situation to understand that a receiver is never giving himself up in bounds in that situation.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
This is exactly the time table they set down when the surgery happened

Nope.

I think you are making s*** up kyle.

I recall Pace saying that next year he gets two first rounders by White coming back.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Nope.

I think you are making s*** up kyle.

I recall Pace saying that next year he gets two first rounders by White coming back.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...ery-go-pup-list

Chicago Bears rookie wide receiver Kevin White needs to have surgery on a stress fracture in his left shin, general manager Ryan Pace said Saturday.

The first-round draft pick will start the season on the physically unable to perform list, meaning he will be sidelined for at least the first six games. After six games, the Bears have until after their 11th game to activate him or shut him down for the year. Pace said it's possible that White could miss the entire season.

"He'll convert from active PUP to reserve PUP and then that gives us the option to bring him up in the latter part of the season," Pace said. "Guys, honestly, is there a chance that he misses the season? That's a possibility. I want to make sure we do this the right way, not rush him back. Sometimes I feel like you have to protect them from themselves."

White said he hopes he can play at some point this year but also said he'll listen to his body.

"If I can come back and am able to play a little bit in the season, we'll do it, if I'm feeling OK," he said. "But just following through. If they want me out there, then I'll try my best to get out there. I want to come back as soon as possible. ... If it's this season, then great. If it's next season then I'll just have to wait."

Where is that 2 first round pick part

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
I read that he's practicing but still very unlikely to play this year

I dont think he plays. Me and Shipps give each other a hard time because he is a jerk and I dont care

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
This Manziel story is the worst story of the year. The video is not bad in the least bit. Who cares? I've seen just about every Chicago athlete out and in way worse shape than Manziel is in that video. I need to start taking videos to sell to tmz.

Its bad considering how long he was in rehab, and the incident last month with his girlfriend. The guy clearly has issues with alcohol.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
This Manziel story is the worst story of the year. The video is not bad in the least bit. Who cares? I've seen just about every Chicago athlete out and in way worse shape than Manziel is in that video. I need to start taking videos to sell to tmz.

Its more than that. The guy thinks he hides more than he does. He has a substance abuse problem and its not entirely alcohol.