4/19 - Sox vs Tigers

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
You guys just have realize how small the margin is between bad and good at this level. Look at Zach Duke for instance. Nearly out of the league a year ago and now he's one of the better relievers in the league.

Q needs to make a few adjustments, get his mind right, and he'll be fine.

It's not fun to watch right now, but there's 162 of these things. We've played 10 so far.

The reason why I still thought we'd be sitting on an above average starting rotation despite a below average #4 starter was that I thought we'd be above average 1-2-3. Drop any of those down to "average" for their slot and suddenly we're an ordinary starting rotation instead of a playoff-caliber rotation.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Then you and every other Sox fan who doesn't like him will realize how underrated and valuable he is.

LOL. That's why this team never changes. The same s*** every year....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
The reason why I still thought we'd be sitting on an above average starting rotation despite a below average #4 starter was that I thought we'd be above average 1-2-3. Drop any of those down to "average" for their slot and suddenly we're an ordinary starting rotation instead of a playoff-caliber rotation.

Yeah, and what I'm trying to say is I will look at Q's last 2.5 years instead of the last 3 starts when determining whether he is "average" or not.

Right now, he sucks.

But I'm confident he'll get it going and be back to his old self for the vast majority of this year.

He looks cooked. He looks bad. He doesn't seem to have an injury so its probably dead arm, and I do think he will be ok. But if the team is running out only two good starters then it won't take long for things to get ugly.

Not sure how that is overreacting.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
Yeah, and what I'm trying to say is I will look at Q's last 2.5 years instead of the last 3 starts when determining whether he is "average" or not.

Right now, he sucks.

But I'm confident he'll get it going and be back to his old self for the vast majority of this year.

Even if he does...these losses in April still count.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Even if he does...these losses in April still count.

Just f***ing once I'd like to have some bulls*** start like Detroit where Greene is a Cy Young and Iglesias is Barry Larkin for a month.

I mean, why can't we get some pixie dust once and awhile? Org wide failure IMO, guys never overachieve. If anything, their talent shines through our poor coaching org wide.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Just f***ing once I'd like to have some bulls*** start like Detroit where Greene is a Cy Young and Iglesias is Barry Larkin for a month.

I mean, why can't we get some pixie dust once and awhile? Org wide failure IMO, guys never overachieve. If anything, their talent shines through our poor coaching org wide.

The biggest overachiever in our organization in years is the guy struggling on the mound right now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)

Umm, what do you think Q is?